• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just watched Fantastic Four 2

19 posts in this topic

I agree. just saw it myself and it wa sslow, tedious and pretty stupid. Not th eworst film ever made, but a real disappointment.

The trick with this film is to approach it with zero expectations and think of it as a cartoony dry run for more sophisticated FF films (that of course will never get made).

An opportunity wasted.....

The trick with this film is to approach it with zero expectations...

Enough with the stupid fanboy-speak. A bad movie is a bad movie. :makepoint:

I was merely offering advice on how to deal with crappe comic movies - stop playing the fanboy card, JC. I'm not an apologist for such films either way.... :makepoint:

my 4 year old LOVED it, and wants to watch it again ,and again...I am fairly certain that is not the main target the studio was hoping for, but every 4-8 year old that loves it, generally means a parent (and tix or dvd purchase) is involved...

I was ok with the movie...thought the Surfer Special effects were above average, and overall, I "could" watch the movie again (bad or not)

gator

It was the reason I bought a Blu Ray Player in the first place. I bought both on the day it came to DVD. It was a good flick. I don't understand why such a broad range of feelings on superhero movies. Everybody wants their Superhero movies to be like either Batman Begins and/or Sin City (both of which are unwatchable), but then when a Superhero movie is actually dark and brooding and watchable, ie Daredevil, everybody hates it. Elektra and Punisher were horrible, the FF franchise is not. BTW the dynamics of the cast and interaction of the characters is exactly how I imagined since I read my first FF comic when I was a kid.

Jim

IEverybody wants their Superhero movies to be like either Batman Begins and/or Sin City (both of which are unwatchable), but then when a Superhero movie is actually dark and brooding and watchable, ie Daredevil, everybody hates it.

doh!

I watched it on a tiny screen with crappy sound on a plane coming back from Europe. i was tired and didn't really give it my full attention. but my main reaction was that it was too short and didn't really get into the Surfers character much.

and Dr Doom just doesn't come across as sinister enough.........

i agree that the teams interaction pretty much mirrors the early years of the comic. for better or worse............

perhaps on the Home Theater system with the sound cranked up it will seem better. :wishluck:

I watched it on a tiny screen with crappy sound on a plane coming back from Europe. i was tired and didn't really give it my full attention. but my main reaction was that it was too short and didn't really get into the Surfers character much.

I also caught in on a flight back from Europe. Then, became violently ill. :sick: Perhaps it wasn't entirely the movie's fault. Perhaps it was.