• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will be the interest level on this one?

23 posts in this topic

interesting indeed...I suspect there are a few that desire this book, but does demand truly warrant the apparent scarcity?

it is not on my list either (not even my exagerated/entended list)...but, there are some BT fans, so it will be fun to watch it go for 4x unrestored guide

rick

I wonder if Ciorac has one of these?

Actually I don't, and I want one. So you can imagine my joy at this thread drawing attention to a book I was hoping to scoop up under the radar...... :cry:

I have had it before, but never was able to hold onto it, the next one I get will be the last one.

I want one.

I have had it before, but never was able to hold onto it, the next one I get will be the last one.

Ok Gents,

please help educate me on this issue......why is it a high demand book?

Steve

It's not. It is a very low demand book. Nothing to see here, move along. :wishluck:

truthfully, it is a low demand book in general....to BT fans, it is his FA, but outside of that, I see little interest in this issue

rick

Rick, I will pray for your soul for making such a statement. :baiting:

Actually, it is not a real common book and definitely hard to find. In my 32 years of collecting I have only held one in my hands and that was back in 1989 (?). The owner was our very own Rich Evans.

I hear what you are saying...I suspect it is "scarce", but rarely do I see it on anyone's want list...rarely do I hear someone (outside of ciorac) inquiring about it...just "one of those books"...now, I am limited to my little microcosm here (aren't we all), so maybe there is demand for this book that will exceed price expectations, but it only takes 2 to make that happen :)

gator

:gossip: Its been on my list since I first saw the cover in 1989(?), but I have never had a chance to pick it up. It is definitely a fringe book and not part of what I would consider part of the "bread and butter" of the golden age books. I put it on my watch list but I am not sure how agressively I will pursue it, especially if one of our core members (Bill the Man) has his heart set on it.

Metro has had a 6.5 copy on their site for a while. Not a bad looking copy. Luckily, it's not a Schomburg cover, so it's not on my list.

Wow, I just checked out the Church copy on Metro's site. For the money, it must be pretty scarce.