• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Fires in Southern California

8 posts in this topic

In the past 20 mins, the sky has turned dramatically different. So, I pulled out the camera to take some shots.

The pic fire-back is the view from my backyard. The darkening sky is from a fire in Santa Rosa literally behind the mountain you see there.

The second shot, I turned around and shot over the roofline of my house. That's smoke from the Malibu fire. That one is going to be bad.

Ok, running out to Sears now to get a new hepa filter for the lone air filter in the house. The ash is getting thick and it's starting to stink. Thankfully, my home is far from any danger.

46581-fire-front.jpg.2972780854c28e5cb8ab37359b6f20c0.jpg

46582-fire-back.jpg.402524a7241b8b44b2fb3b8797f261a7.jpg

Here in Ventura county the smoke outside is masty to breathe - and the ashes are falling - like a light snow sperinkle...

The Malibu fires are to our south, the magic Mountain fire is to our north...

CAL :(

My buddy who now lives on Tujunga Canyon Blvd, called me last night and woke me up, just to tell me that the winds were rattling his windows and keeping him up. He and his family have just moved into a new house, after losing the magnificent house that they owned for twenty years. Needless to say...he's devastated. I don't mind losing a little sleep to sympathise with an old and good friend, but it's sad because all the spirit has been knocked out of him and at 56 years old, it's tough to bounce back.

Lots of ash in the air this morning from the fire in Orange, just off the 241 toll road. Apparently, it's just 5% contained, and the Santa Anas are supposed to continue today and tomorrow. I'm really glad we had new windows installed 6 months ago. We had two louvered windows that would have let a lot of smoke in.

Several fires in east and north San Diego county are burning. Schools down here are starting to close.

My parents' neighborhood in San Diego County is being evacuated. They just called me as they have been told to flee to the nearby Del Mar Fairgrounds. :(