• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Comics

307 posts in this topic

Since so many people here complain all the time that Mile High is not a good place to get comics I wanted to let you know that I bought some comics from him last week and they got here today. Their in good shape and I was happy with the price. They aren't really expensive comics but they were some Daredevils I needed and the box came right away. So I don't know why you people always complain. Mile High was fine with me!

you got lucky!

seriously, go ahead and keep ordering. Im sure I speak for most of us that you will sooner or later come around to what we all believe and have experienced first hand: high prices and over- and/or mis-gradeed comics. You must admit thata small order of a few comicss is not really a scientific study. I had someone tell me yesterday that her son and daughter just switched jobs for big bay increases. SO she deduces that the economy is great and getting jobs and raises is as "easy as pie" right now!!

People complain because their books are overpriced and wildly overgraded.

Yup. Metropolis sent me 5 or 6 overgraded books and sent me a refund check extremely fast. Their customer service over the phone was awesome as well. I heard that Mile High tells customers not to buy from them if they call them out on overgrades. confused-smiley-013.gif

Since so many people here complain all the time that Mile High is not a good place to get comics I wanted to let you know that I bought some comics from him last week and they got here today. Their in good shape and I was happy with the price. They aren't really expensive comics but they were some Daredevils I needed and the box came right away. So I don't know why you people always complain. Mile High was fine with me!

'good' and 'fine' books are not a problem... try buying Near Mint! grin.gif

These books were NM. They said NM/M on the label but they are still really nice copies. I only bought 10 of them but all 10 were just like I wanted. Everybody seems to want to make fun of Mile High but these books were nice.

These books were NM. They said NM/M on the label but they are still really nice copies. I only bought 10 of them but all 10 were just like I wanted. Everybody seems to want to make fun of Mile High but these books were nice.

Hey it could happen, BUT rarely. Glad that things worked out for you. acclaim.gif

From my experience with Mile High, you ALWAYS get a NM/M label.

You don't ALWAYS get a NM/M book... especially when the book is older

than a couple years... or even a couple decades.

$3 each for a few recent books shouldn't be a problem anywhere.

Try paying $100 for a "NM" book from 1960-something.

These were $3 each and were all in good shape and they were packed really well. I think people who complain don't shop there and don't know what they are talking about.

Define "good" shape. Were they advertised as NM/MT? How many of them have creases and/or spine stress?

You said they were $3 each in NM.

Then they must be Modern comics. I don't doubt that they have modern comics that really are NM for $3.

What books were they?

The complaints are in older high grade comics.

Glad you enjoyed the books.

These were $3 each and were all in good shape and they were packed really well. I think people who complain don't shop there and don't know what they are talking about.

Define "good" shape. Were they advertised as NM/MT? How many of them have creases and/or spine stress?

A couple spine stresses each no creases. One of them has a dinged corner but the rest look like the books I get from Eddie.

These books were NM.

Go buy a lottery ticket NOW!!

Dude, you need to get laid...

I think Vince was just adding some humor to this thread. It sure beats his usual negativity posts. Lighten up 893applaud-thumb.gif

You said they were $3 each in NM.

Then they must be Modern comics. I don't doubt that they have modern comics that really are NM for $3.

What books were they?

The complaints are in older high grade comics.

Glad you enjoyed the books.

They were some Daredevils in the 300s and a couple in the 280s.

A couple spine stresses each no creases. One of them has a dinged corner but the rest look like the books I get from Eddie.

Well... that's what we're talking about. "a couple spine stresses each" means that most likely NONE of the books you got were truly NM. The dinged corner one might be a nice VF...

You sure they were Near Mint by Overstreet standards? Or even by Mile High's own standards, which are similar to Overstreet's? (link to Mile High standards: http://www.milehighcomics.com/information/grade.html ) That's the problem I've had with them...they give you a NM/M which is really a VF comic.

No offense intended towards you, but are you sure you are familiar enough with the standards to say they're really Near Mint? It takes most people at least 50-100 hours of focused study to remember the grading standards...and even after all that focused study, most graders still argue mightily about how the standards should be interpreted.