• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Comics

307 posts in this topic

I'd say it's more like 10/88/2. Maybe about 10 percent of the books bought as NM would really be VF/NM to NM-, about 88 percent would be accurate NM copies, and only about 2 percent that I think might actually be a little better than NM.

Have you sent them to CGC for grading yet? If so, what were the grades?

Why do I need to spend thousands of dollars to CGC my own personal collection? It's not going anywhere. And I do have several CGC NM comics and know how to grade, so there's no need.

news.gifBREAKING NEWS!!!size>

“Everyone has their own theoreysize>”

I did a search on the word theorey and guess what? ROFL! 27_laughing.gif Same MO everytime. New ID comes in to “defend” someone who is being “attacked," starts a flame war, and the same spelling mistakes.

news.gif

Why do I need to spend thousands of dollars to CGC my own personal collection? It's not going anywhere. And I do have several CGC NM comics and know how to grade, so there's no need.

Probably all Batmans anyway and Batman sucks.

I've just recently started collecting Batman. Have nice partial runs of Hulk and Spidey and wanted to go after something new. I always like Batman and figured I'd go after a DC title now.

sign-funnypost.gif

news.gifBREAKING NEWS!!!size>

“Everyone has their own theoreysize>”

I did a search on the word theorey and guess what? ROFL! 27_laughing.gif Same MO everytime. New ID comes in to “defend” someone who is being “attacked," starts a flame war, and the same spelling mistakes.

news.gif

I wasn't being attacked, insulted maybe but not attacked. I just posted about a good experience with Mile High and here come people to put me down. I don't take offense. The Madden board I am on makes this place look like a gay pride parade complete with pastel balloons. Try going over there and describing how you win by dropping back 20 yards with Vick every time and see how people respond.

I've just recently started collecting Batman. Have nice partial runs of Hulk and Spidey and wanted to go after something new. I always like Batman and figured I'd go after a DC title now.

I was just kidding. Batman is the only Marvel character DC has.

I'm not even sure what all this is supposed to mean and why you replied to me with it. I come in and voice an opinion that doesn't go along with the sheep and people start attacking me. That figures.

I'm not even sure what all this is supposed to mean and why you replied to me with it. I come in and voice an opinion that doesn't go along with the sheep and people start attacking me. That figures.

Don't worry I got your back & I have the perfect weapon to fend off this vicious pack of sheep. 310662.gif

Don't worry I got your back & I have the perfect weapon to fend off this vicious pack of sheep. 310662.gif

27_laughing.gifWELCOME BACK MAN!size>

That's better than the flesh-sword you brought the last time. Thanks for the pic help BTW...

27_laughing.gifWELCOME BACK MAN!size>

Mmmm...the word "theorey" has been edited out of that post! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just for reference, here's all the books I've purchased from MHC. First column is the advertised grade, second is the grade IMO.

ASM 62 NM/M VF

ASM 91 NM/M CGC VF (this looked nice, but I didn't look it over close enough some spine stress on the book that was hard to pick up)

ASM 101 NM/M F/VF (this book had 3 large creases on the cover, come on!!!)

ASM 121 NM/M VF- (very very bad spine on this book, at least 6 points of color breaking stress)

ASM 122 NM/M VF+ (their best one yet, however, it was tanned and had rounded corners)

Cap 106 NM/M VF- (LLC crease, dust shadow on back cover, terrible miswrap)

DD 131 NM/M VF+ (major spine break near the price)

MTU 1 NM/M F/VF (just look at the scan, terrible)

I have many many more, if you would like to see them. I finally gave up on MHC after about their 20th overgrade. I've had THREE comics from them that have been NM/M and they were all MODERNS. Honestly, any company that grades this poorly shouldn't be doing business. Or at least parading themselves around like they know what they're doing..

On a final note, I'm sure it's possible (but very seldom possible) to get a decent grade from them. However I really question the people on here who say they regularly get accurately grading from them. Makes me wonder about that person's grading.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

Just for reference, here's all the books I've purchased from MHC. First column is the advertised grade, second is the grade IMO.

ASM 62 NM/M VF

ASM 91 NM/M CGC VF (this looked nice, but I didn't look it over close enough some spine stress on the book that was hard to pick up)

ASM 101 NM/M F/VF (this book had 3 large creases on the cover, come on!!!)

ASM 121 NM/M VF- (very very bad spine on this book, at least 6 points of color breaking stress)

ASM 122 NM/M VF+ (their best one yet, however, it was tanned and had rounded corners)

Cap 106 NM/M VF- (LLC crease, dust shadow on back cover, terrible miswrap)

DD 131 NM/M VF+ (major spine break near the price)

MTU 1 NM/M F/VF (just look at the scan, terrible)

I have many many more, if you would like to see them. I finally gave up on MHC after about their 20th overgrade. I've had THREE comics from them that have been NM/M and they were all MODERNS. Honestly, any company that grades this poorly shouldn't be doing business. Or at least parading themselves around like they know what they're doing..

On a final note, I'm sure it's possible (but very seldom possible) to get a decent grade from them. However I really question the people on here who say they regularly get accurately grading from them. Makes me wonder about that person's grading.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

Those are really nice books. I don't buy books that expensive usually. I pick up a nice copy here and there but my older books are all ones I can read. My newer books all look well new I guess. That's all I can ask. How many dealers have you dealt with where you didn't return books?

You guys really aren't making any sense now. I don't need anyone to "get my back".