• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trick or Treat.... pre-code style!

28 posts in this topic

That would be like giving credit to the guy who brought da Vinci a sody pop. Flee deserves all the credit, I just like candy...so it was a no brainer.

:insane:

May I be hated now? I liked it ok but just ok. It did not feel like a Flee Marquette. The animation was cool as usual but, for me, the real charm of Flee's works is in the edgy, often satitical humor. While I appreciate Flee's obvious talent with graphics, I always felt the animation itself was more a medium upon which to express a very sharp and telling wit. His pre-hero Marvel masterworks are prime examples of this.

So Flee - before Halloween gets here - how about a rousingly satirical situational pre-code horror one?

So my apologies for being honest like this. Ordinarily Flee's work touches me far more deeply. Also I am again on anti-biotics and vicodin. 2nd flareup of diverticultus. (This is an obvious sympathy ploy but true nonetheless.)

May I be hated now? I liked it ok but just ok. It did not feel like a Flee Marquette. The animation was cool as usual but, for me, the real charm of Flee's works is in the edgy, often satitical humor. While I appreciate Flee's obvious talent with graphics, I always felt the animation itself was more a medium upon which to express a very sharp and telling wit. His pre-hero Marvel masterworks are prime examples of this.

So Flee - before Halloween gets here - how about a rousingly satirical situational pre-code horror one?

So my apologies for being honest like this. Ordinarily Flee's work touches me far more deeply. Also I am again on anti-biotics and vicodin. 2nd flareup of diverticultus. (This is an obvious sympathy ploy but true nonetheless.)

:gossip: Flee... see me later for some great images of POV. (for indexing purposes)

Maybe I'm just a bucolic Midwesterner, but the implication that one is going to pass Halloween candy out from a hollowed-out monster skull is pretty edgy.

So my apologies for being honest like this. Ordinarily Flee's work touches me far more deeply. Also I am again on anti-biotics and vicodin. 2nd flareup of diverticulitis. (This is an obvious sympathy ploy but true nonetheless.)

So, will your discount code word be "diverticulitis"?

Well, I hope you get to feeling better your pre-code highness. :grin: You are right about this not being that edgy. I PM'ed the image to Ze-Man and thought it would make a nice Halloween greeting to the boards. So it was more of a Holiday salutation than a fully developed idea. But as Seanh said, Halloween candy in a hollowed-out skull is a little out there. :insane: Because I care about you, I will try and get another more fully developed one out to you soon. (thumbs u