• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,430 posts in this topic

According to the census this is the highest graded version of this book. There is a 9.4 qualified version as the only other graded one.

MillenniumEditionSuperman75-F.jpg

Only SS copy of the 2nd print

Superman742ndPrint-F.jpg

Only other SS copy of this is a 9.4

Superman80-F.jpg

this was a raw robojo "8.0" :o took a chance at it being purple just because it was one of the few pretty Ayers books i had lying around when the sig opp came up.

OPkve.jpg

have had this one for at least 15 years, probably more. had it slabbed PGX on my one and only submission with them. cracked it for the sig- grade was the same.

KsgX2.jpg

More Totleben SWAMP THING goodness----Once I get my ST Annual #3 (I think it's #3) back from s/s in London with Bolland, I'll have a full s/s set of the annuals.

Swamp Thing Annual #4 CGC 9.8 s/s Bissette & Totleben (glad this held the grade!)

stann4A.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

This is just a sick cover.

Only two s/s, this top 9.6 and a 9.4

I think the hold on the 9.8 is a faint impression on the interior from the insert that's stitched into the comic. I think it's an add for Predator 2 (movie).

st88A.jpg

More Totleben SWAMP THING goodness----Once I get my ST Annual #3 (I think it's #3) back from s/s in London with Bolland, I'll have a full s/s set of the annuals.

Swamp Thing Annual #4 CGC 9.8 s/s Bissette & Totleben (glad this held the grade!)

stann4A.jpg

Would it be wrong to have berni wrightson sign this copy? I know he didn't work on it but, it is an awesome cover for sure.

stann4A.jpg

Would it be wrong to have berni wrightson sign this copy? I know he didn't work on it but, it is an awesome cover for sure.

Why do you want a Wrightson signature on it?

stann4A.jpg

Because its an awesome cover, I love batman and wrightson created swamp thing. To me he can sign any swamp thing book out there. Look at all the Stan Lee books out there that he never even worked on the title that he has signed. To me that is wrong. Wrightson created it, he can sign any of it.

stann4A.jpg

Because its an awesome cover, I love batman and wrightson created swamp thing. To me he can sign any swamp thing book out there. Look at all the Stan Lee books out there that he never even worked on the title that he has signed. To me that is wrong. Wrightson created it, he can sign any of it.

You are right...I've oversaw that Wrightson created Swamp Thing. Lack of knowledge :blush: so...it depends on the collector. I think If I had the chance to get Bob Kane signed my Batman books, which he never worked on, I would choose only my favorites and not every single book.

So in your case, I would do it and try to get a Wrightson on this on. I was lucky enough and had the chance to meet Wrightson in London and to get my Batman #320 signed. I love he signature style.

What about Len Wein? (shrug)

It never ceases to amaze me how many people want Wrightson to sign their Swamp Thing books but couldn't care less about Len Wein.

Doesn't Wein not care for CGC?

stann4A.jpg

You are right...I've oversaw that Wrightson created Swamp Thing. Lack of knowledge :blush: so...it depends on the collector. I think If I had the chance to get Bob Kane signed my Batman books, which he never worked on, I would choose only my favorites and not every single book.

So in your case, I would do it and try to get a Wrightson on this on. I was lucky enough and had the chance to meet Wrightson in London and to get my Batman #320 signed. I love he signature style.

[font:Book Antiqua]I understand that Wein & Wrightson

will be a GREAT addition to this book.

But I will don’t have the b*lls to crack this wonderful book and risk a 9.6...[/font]

:eek:

What about Len Wein? (shrug)

It never ceases to amaze me how many people want Wrightson to sign their Swamp Thing books but couldn't care less about Len Wein.

Doesn't Wein not care for CGC?

I've had several SS books signed by him. No problems that I know about.