• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,434 posts in this topic

Rich has been going to SOOOOO many cons the last 2 years. Plus he gets crazy high grades and gets full runs signed.

I have not seen Collector go to nearly as many cons lately....

2c

Newb :baiting:

Edited by NYComics

I want desperately to post my runs, but I feel it would be short sighted since they're not complete.

I'm VERY close to a full s/s run of Spectre vol 2, 3 and 4 (2001 set).

I'm probably 3/4 of the way through all those, where I'm gunning for the various cover artists on each book. Spectre vol 3 (2001) I've got all the Ryan Sook, but I need the Paul Craig Russell sigs...and I haven't seen him at a show in something like 10 years.

My Marvel Fanfare s/s run is probably 1/3 through, same thing...cover artists, as is the Jonny Quest (Comico) series. Albiet that will be easier because a good deal of those are Mark Wheately/Marc Hempel.

I'm four books shy of Ultimate Marvel Team Up being complete...once I get the Totleben book s/s then just three to go. It's hard to believe it's been two years this month that I've been building all these sets.

My biggest conquest is the FABLES run, working on #1-100 in nothing but 9.8 with most covers s/s James Jean. I wish I could find a signing with the guy that's been doing the covers on that series for the last couple years...he's brilliant. I did get a Dave Lapham s/s on that, and I'll be working on some Willingham, Buckingham and Pepoy on that series just to mix it up a bit, but I don't expect to get a straight 100 issue set on that complete anytime soon. I've got the books, but only maybe 15 James Jean s/s and then issue #1 Alex Maleev cover.

Edited by Rich_Henn

I need the Paul Craig Russell sigs...and I haven't seen him at a show in something like 10 years.

He was at Mid-Ohio in 2008 or 2009. N00b.

It is your SWORN DUTY now, as someone that officially owes me, to let me know next time you see him at a show guest list!!!

:sumo:

:gossip: That being said, I really wasn't knee deep in s/s during that period. :doh:

I am going with Kris Moore on the theory of sheer volume plus a proclivity to do books that no one else does. Richie is top 5.

Rich is certainly making a run for it now that he figured out what "ONE-OF-A-KIND" and "lone top census" means! :baiting:

I am going with Kris Moore on the theory of sheer volume plus a proclivity to do books that no one else does. Richie is top 5.

Rich is certainly making a run for it now that he figured out what "ONE-OF-A-KIND" and "lone top census" means! :baiting:

Yeah, that is part of the problem. The n00bs don't realize that Richie just jams all his books in this thread and :wishluck: they are lone top census. His batting average a couple of months ago would have insured he never got to the big leagues. :ohnoez:

Luv ya, Richie. You've been doing much better lately, now that you know how to access the Census. (worship)

Yeah, that is part of the problem. The n00bs don't realize that Richie just jams all his books in this thread and :wishluck: they are lone top census. His batting average a couple of months ago would have insured he never got to the big leagues. :ohnoez:

Luv ya, Richie. You've been doing much better lately, now that you know how to access the Census. (worship)

Wow, I haven't had to endure this much abuse from my friends since....well, last night. :tongue: :thumbsup:

FYI you're Totleben makes a killer coaster! mmmm.........coasters...... :cloud9:

Edited by Rich_Henn

so who is the ultimate "one of a kind ss" king? hm

Boy, it's a toss up between Kris Moore and Rich Henn. I've seen a list of Rich's SS inventory and it is jaw dropping. Rich has a nack for gathering high grade books. He probably wins the battle of the top census SS books.

Kris on the other hand is all about the rare signatures. You name the creator and he has an SS book from that creator. His celebrity collection is amazing too!

Kris on the other hand is all about the rare signatures. You name the creator and he has an SS book from that creator. His celebrity collection is amazing too!

That is what I am talking about. He has done so many obscure weirdo books that have never been SS'd except for the copies he has done, making them by default top census one of a kinds.

Also, KM was doing it way before Richie, and KM was doing it for other people, not just himself. KM once did 90 SS books for me in 2 weeks.

Just so everyone is clear. I am just busting balls. They both are my homies and worthy of all respect and awe. But Richie you have to watch; he will drink beer while you are drinking double bourbons. It is a huge disadvantage to making it past 1 in the morning.

That is what I am talking about. He has done so many obscure weirdo books that have never been SS'd except for the copies he has done, making them by default top census one of a kinds.

Also, KM was doing it way before Richie, and KM was doing it for other people, not just himself. KM once did 90 SS books for me in 2 weeks.

Just so everyone is clear. I am just busting balls. They both are my homies and worthy of all respect and awe. But Richie you have to watch; he will drink beer while you are drinking double bourbons. It is a huge disadvantage to making it past 1 in the morning.

What, you didn't see the dark hood and sickle directly behind me that night?

Dude. I had to booze THAT guy up just so I could get you a seat at the bar!

I am often reminded of a saying...

Is it worthless or priceless?

Pondering JJ

Oh, what the heck. Let's show these off. Both are definitely one of a kind, based on what books have been SS with Hugh Jackman. And Astonishing X-Men #22 (Variant) is the lone SS of both the regular and variant edition of this issue.

Astonishing X-Men #1 CGC SS 9.6 signed by Hugh Jackman

astonishingxmen1jackman.jpg

Astonishing X-Men #22 (Variant) CGC SS 9.8 signed by Hugh Jackman

astonishingxmen22vjackman.jpg