• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

backlash against IHOP?

17 posts in this topic

Could be a backlash against crummy wraps. (shrug)

(thumbs u

Personally I would not buy a mis-wrapped book like that regrdless of the numeralical grade.

(thumbs u

Personally I would not buy a mis-wrapped book like that regrdless of the numeralical grade.

You know how I am about Green Rivers...especially FF's ...I turned down the chance to buy this book when I had it....I just couldn't do it. Still a nice book, but.....

ff65big.jpg

(thumbs u

I'm getting pickier as well as I mature as a collector. As a result I'm also seeing less realized for books that make the grade b/c of the visual imperfections. This one is impacted in multiple ways:

• It is a slant mis wrap, which is the worse of all miswraps. There are some collectors that are ok with miswraps that are even. When uneven you rule out these collectors as potential bidders.
  • It is also miscut from a horizontal perspective, as there is text missing from the top. Some collectors can't stand that.

So no, this has nothing to do with the possibility of pressing.