• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard and OS are not the real price guides... Ebay is!

102 posts in this topic

Ok I just have a few extra points.

First, there is a lot of talk about how Ebay can not be used as a guide due to a lot

of range between final prices. However, this is also true with retail comic shops. A big comics store in NY is going to have higher prices than a small collectibles shop in backwater Arkansas.

Similarly, we don't know how many shops Wizard interviews to come up with it's prices. Unless there are people here that have received that fateful phone call, I can suspect that their prices are from polling large national chains like Mile High which also have little to do with local retail stores. I believe some people think Ebay interviews many different stores, but unless Wizard reveals how it compiles it's data, their figures mean nothing.

Ok I just have a few extra points.

First, there is a lot of talk about how Ebay can not be used as a guide due to a lot

of range between final prices. However, this is also true with retail comic shops. A big comics store in NY is going to have higher prices than a small collectibles shop in backwater Arkansas.

Similarly, we don't know how many shops Wizard interviews to come up with it's prices. Unless there are people here that have received that fateful phone call, I can suspect that their prices are from polling large national chains like Mile High which also have little to do with local retail stores. I believe some people think Ebay interviews many different stores, but unless Wizard reveals how it compiles it's data, their figures mean nothing.

I'd like to think that the phonecalls come in to Wizard from dealers rather than Wizard phoning out: *hey Bert load up on Night Nurse#1 we're gonna send this sucker through the roof the old pump and dump'. Though seeing how some issues are pushed out of reason I'm not too sure. devil.gif