• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Book defect you hate the most!

Which Comic Book Defect Drives You Batty?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Which Comic Book Defect Drives You Batty?

52 posts in this topic

I can't stand coupons cut out..nothing pisses me off more than someone like George O'Malley ordering those stupid X-Ray glasses to look at girls with. 893naughty-thumb.gif

unlike u spying on the 4th grade boys in your trenchcoat. 27_laughing.gif

I can't stand coupons cut out..nothing pisses me off more than someone like George O'Malley ordering those stupid X-Ray glasses to look at girls with. 893naughty-thumb.gif

unlike u spying on the 4th grade boys in your trenchcoat. 27_laughing.gif

again nothing original at all...your combacks are lame, you use too much old stuff that you have said in the past cause your not quick witted. Keep drinkin like you have been.Put on your x-ray glasses that you ordered and keep staring at Lucky Charms's @$$ like you have been. thumbsup2.gif

I hate spine stress of any kind, even very light. When looking at a high grade, the spine is where I go first. I can tolerate corner blunting more. Unfortunetly, it's impossible not to have books with spine stress, unless you collect moderns only. I also don't like when a book is miswraped towards the back(part of the front cover is cut off). The other way around dosen't bother me as much, as long as it's straight, and not too severe.

The ones I hate are, staple detached on the cover, and I also hate a lovely high grade copy, but some insufficiently_thoughtful_person did'nt pack it right and you get corner bumps through the post, (how can they pack it like that), one of my first deals on ebay, I won a NM Wonder Woman 199 and 200, I thought they were not going to be NM but bid anyway, good price, the person put them in a brown envelope, no backing boards, no hard card for protection, nothing, and they would have been NM or even NM+ in todays grading, corner bumps frown.gif they still look nice, but not as nice as they should have been!

The absolute worse defect to me is an extreme miscut! It just makes the book look extremely ugly.As an example check out the Action #81 (Mile High) that is in Heritage's current auction. How in the world did that get a 9.6 when it has that horrible miscut, not to mention the ugly ink smudge at the top of the book. Ugh!

I really hate writting on the cover and back cover. Especially when it doesn't make sense. Like a store code or something. When there are random #'s on the book that just pisses me off. Date stamps are at least cool because you can think wow this hit the stands November 3rd 1945...where the hell was I to buy it for 10 cents?!

Also when kids write their names on the book. Like I really want little Mike's book who is now a senior citizen and may not even be able to remember who Batman is.