• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 10

24 posts in this topic

7.5: Spine stresses w/ color breaks, slightly blunted corners, and what looks to be a slight miswrap bring it down to a 8.5... the ding with slight tear on the front cover top edge drops it another point for me.

I'd have to agree with that exactly. Very slick book, even with that impact on the top front.

6.0 IMHO. FC Top Middle Damage. FC Right Corner Crease.. BC LR Crease damage.FC Nick Mark to the upper left of Spideys head. Possible Faint Nick Mark Spideys left eye over to the spine.? Minor Spine Nicks. FC URC Slightly Blunted. Stress Marks BC lower/upper staples. More Spine Nicks BC. BC URC Damage. This is a very tricky book to grade. It looks much better than it is. The Upper Front Cover damage alone keeps this book well out of VF IMHO. Still a very presentable book...

Looks to me like a 6.0 or 6.5. It's a nasty little tear on the top of the front cover which along with the corner bend and other minor flaws keep the grade down. Great looking book for the grade though.

6.0 IMHO. FC Top Middle Damage. FC Right Corner Crease.. BC LR Crease damage.FC Nick Mark to the upper left of Spideys head. Possible Faint Nick Mark Spideys left eye over to the spine.? Minor Spine Nicks. FC URC Slightly Blunted. Stress Marks BC lower/upper staples. More Spine Nicks BC. BC URC Damage. This is a very tricky book to grade. It looks much better than it is. The Upper Front Cover damage alone keeps this book well out of VF IMHO. Still a very presentable book...

You're right, this is a tough book to judge. However, a book is more than an accumulation of defects. This book has so much going for it it has to be higher than a straight fine (in my humble opinion). It's sharp, tight, well balanced, with strong colors and superb eye appeal (because the center of the cover is basically flawless).

I'll stick with 7.5, almost VF.

The top center is MAJOR damage to this great comic.

Also dog-ear lower right cover

now the back cover has creases/spine trauma as well...

See a WIDE variance of grades on this comic - this is a rare occurance

Sorry:

VG/F 5.0

You're right, this is a tough book to judge. However, a book is more than an accumulation of defects. This book has so much going for it it has to be higher than a straight fine (in my humble opinion). It's sharp, tight, well balanced, with strong colors and superb eye appeal (because the center of the cover is basically flawless).

I'll stick with 7.5, almost VF.

Sorry but I have to disagree with this. While a comic is more than an accumulation of defects, a grade is reached by assessing the accumulation of defects.

The severity of the top cover damage combined with the other flaws would definitely keep this book from above 6.5 maximum and probably 6.0 in my opinion. :sorry:

Wow, a lot of disagreement on this one! I guess it depends on how much you think the defect at the top affects the grade...