• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hijacking Posts? Rate this post 5 stars if you want it to stop!

108 posts in this topic

OK, this may be a dumb idea, but I'm getting really tired of spending time going through hijacked posts of interest to find the replies related to the questions. Unfortunately, there are some forum members who can't keep out of good posts about comic books. Instead, they ruin the posts and this forum for collectors like me. I'm sure there are many of you who are just as frustrated as me!

So this is really simple. If you would like this tactic to stop and for those who waste our time with useless posts that sidetrack interesting and meaningful questions to take a hike, please simply rate this post 5 stars. If you like wasting time and having posts derailed, rate this post 1 star. This is easier than a regular poll...

Also, I would love to hear ideas for getting the hijacking off the forum. Can't the moderators come in and delete these members who derail or hijack posts? That would be progress.

Thanks for your time...

Mike

OK - I confess to joining in the hijackinks on ocassion but yes - I agree. There is a most disturbing trend, especially of late, that no matter how well a thread is going, it gets trashed by the same few to absolutely ridiculous levels. I too would like to see more moderation here.

well to be indifferent on this thread, i saw your recent thread about "what's up with greggy and bug". so this thread is obviously regarding them . but when you single out two posters with over 13,000 posts compared to your 200, it's going to be hard to have other forum members to back you up. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif yeah sure they may hijack threads, but the other forum members are use to seeing them post. also since you posted those two threads, greggy has since started an actual good thread regarding bronze DC covers. foreheadslap.gifthumbsup2.gif

that's just my two bills,

pimpy

I do remember a couple fellow forum members actually hijacking a greggy thread ...yesterday I believe. A couple of other fellow forum members ignored it and did manage to get the thread back on topic. So, if you don't like a decent thread getting hi-jacked, interject an intelligent post about the topic right in the middle and I'm sure you'll be able to, with the help of a few other members...hi-jack the hijackers.

Although I don't always enjoy the squabbles, more often than not their kinda fun. I mean, some of the stuff you read is just hilarious. All you need is a sense of humor.

Gonna give this thread a 1. mad.gif

I would prefer 200 inciteful posts to 13,000 funny little face posts any day...They usually just take up space.

Ironically enough, most of those graemlins are meant to be "inciteful", spurring on the ire of their intended targets, who in turn come back with some attempts at bagging as well.

now if only they can come up with "insightful" posts - there would be a true feat! 27_laughing.gif

I would prefer 200 inciteful posts to 13,000 funny little face posts any day...They usually just take up space.

Ironically enough, most of those graemlins are meant to be "inciteful", spurring on the ire of their intended targets, who in turn come back with some attempts at bagging as well.

now if only they can come up with "insightful" posts - there would be a true feat! 27_laughing.gif

You beat me to it, Darth! I was just about to post the same thing, but figured I'd better look ahead just in case someone else caught it. I'm proud of you, wordsmith.

-- Joanna

cloud9.gif Just winding down, paying for my ebay wins, and catching last few posts - loved the last installment of the Forum Crisis smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thank you! I've been trying to up the number of posts because I may get called away to another project soon. If that happens, I won't be able to work on Crisis very often. Figured I'd better book for awhile, just in case.

-- Joanna

cloud9.gif Just winding down, paying for my ebay wins, and catching last few posts - loved the last installment of the Forum Crisis smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

Thank you! I've been trying to up the number of posts because I may get called away to another project soon. If that happens, I won't be able to work on Crisis very often. Figured I'd better book for awhile, just in case.

-- Joanna

sign-offtopic.gif ALL RIGHT! EVERYONE HIT THE FLOOR! THIS IS A HIJACKING! WE'RE TAKING THIS THREAD TO MEXICO, WILLIE! MEXICO... AND FREEDOM!

Whose thread was this anyway?

I hate the following people (arranged in no particular order):

[*]Bugaboo

[*]Greggy

[*]Beyonder

[*]Intern (Oh, how I hate that Intern... :::shakes fist::: )

[*]Dr. Banner... or is it Clobberintime? Are you the same person yet?

[*]BachelorOfCrevice

[*]'House... the she-male he-whore from outer space.

[*]Pov. You know what you did. You came to me like a hurricane in the night.

[*]I don't know what that last one meant.

Behold! A list of people I hate! If you don't find yourself on my list of people I hate and you would LIKE to, let me know right here! If you're on my list and you would like to fight about it for twenty or thirty posts, let's dance!

"Hijack" indeed. 893naughty-thumb.gif