• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How hard is it to get kicked out of NOD?

794 posts in this topic

Just read this on the NOD web-site...

was expelled for failure to cooperate in an investigation of perceived rule violations regarding disclosure, and repeated failure to properly display NOD logo.

Now I am not sure what the investigation was about, but I can certainly understand

the logo logic. It is very hard to get members to adhere to this strict rule.

The NOD logo must be displayed proudly so that everyone can see that it is a vital organization. Kinda like a policeman carrying a badge.

And there must be a surplus of members in the NOD organization.

All of them had better display that logo from here on out.

Otherwise the NOD officers might cast out another valued collector just to make a point.

Of course, we respect Steve Meyer's privacy

then why did you mention his name at all? Ricky's post went out of it's way to make the member anonymous.

doh!

The gravity of the situation is really overblown.

This whole thing is just too amusing for anyone to get ugly about it.

On another point...

We, as a group, overly scrutinize every aspect of our hobby.

We scrutinize the Overstreet Price Guide, each and every dealer, and even CGC (who hosts these boards). Our hobby is based on the scrutinization of every tiny blemish and defect on every book.

To think that the actions of a hobby watchdog group, which is striving for acceptance, could possibly be above scrutiny (even of a humorous nature) is naive at best.

On another point...

We scrutinize the Overstreet Price Guide, each and every dealer, and even CGC (who hosts these boards). Our hobby is based on the scrutinization of every tiny blemish and defect on every book.

To think that the actions of a hobby watchdog group, which is striving for acceptance, could possibly be above scrutiny (even of a humorous nature) is naive at best.

That post was too wordy. (tsk)

"That's because you didn't use the 'Anti-NOD Comment Decoding Device'."

lol

Darn, I lost mine, can you get me a new one. Oh, and I want 1/2 off the price :kidaround:

We already know this.

Of course, we respect Steve Meyer's privacy

then why did you mention his name at all? Ricky's post went out of it's way to make the member anonymous.

How silly. Ricky was keeping what anonymous? A name that was listed on a public web site which anyone can see? He was "keeping it anonymous" by drawing attention to the matter?

What is being kept private is the detailed content of the communications.

But you knew that, didn't you?

any chance of you switching over to "zip-it68"?

On another point...

The Anti-NOD decoding devices also come with a handy pocket dictionary!

Every time I see the NOD logo I wonder if it wouldn't be more appropriate for a group of joy buzzer enthusiasts.

The electrical style jolt around the shaking hands is meant to symbolize Marnin sucking the life from another unsuspecting victim.

:grin::kidaround:

On another point...

And if you put it in your back pocket and it gets pressed? (shrug)

On another point...

lol

On another point...

i think you have a typo here. the word is spelled "satire," not "scrutiny." s-a-t-i-r-e.

get with the program, or a reasonable facsimile thereof that does not have dues

On another point...

Only if I apply a little steam! (Where's that farting banana graemlin?)