• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How hard is it to get kicked out of NOD?

794 posts in this topic

If NOD's purpose is to encourage disclosure and assist potential buyers with information concerning undisclosed changes, where does this action fit in? If NOD members suspect non-disclosed changes to a book but don't publicly disclose that suspicion, who will know about the changes?

NOD did publicly announce the expulsion and the reason why -- failure to cooperate in an investigation of perceived rule violations regarding disclosure.

Since we can't offer "proof" of anything further, we made a decision to limit our statement to the above. Reasonable people can agree or disagree with the judgement call made by the NOD Committee.

Is it perfect? No. Should it have a higher percentage of collectors in it over dealers? Yep.

But I've stuck with them because they're MY LOGOS, dammit, and i'm standing with them to infinity, AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad

fixed that up for you a bit, 'hook.

You know....I wasn't going to mention the critiques of my logos.....but hey, I'm glad they bring "joy" to people. (thumbs u

btw.....ever notice how the Collectors Society Logo looks like the schematic of a silicon breast implant?

You know....I wasn't going to mention the critiques of my logos.....but hey, I'm glad they bring "joy" to people. (thumbs u

btw.....ever notice how the Collectors Society Logo looks like the schematic of a silicon breast implant?

Did you see where I put two of them together a while back? lol

I belong to NOD as a collector because I believe in it's general principals as a consumer. It's the best and only organization out there that is currently serving in any capacity as a check on some runaway business practices in the hobby. I have a pretty finely tuned BS meter, and there isn't a high end collector or dealer who isn't interested in making a buck or maximizing profits from sales.

Is it perfect? No. Should it have a higher percentage of collectors in it over dealers? Yep.

Brad

like Brad, I too am predominantly just a collector member of NOD...only time I really ever sell a book is when I upgrade/downgrade or run out of money :)

and, while I have no problem with folks pressing, and "un" restoring books, and resubmitting, etc, I do support the idea of disclosing the info..I would like to see our hobby continue to grow and benefit from what each collector brings to it...honesty is pretty much still the best policy, and usually, in the long run, will advance most folks agenda's one way or another!

gator

I belong to NOD as a collector because I believe in it's general principals as a consumer. It's the best and only organization out there that is currently serving in any capacity as a check on some runaway business practices in the hobby. I have a pretty finely tuned BS meter, and there isn't a high end collector or dealer who isn't interested in making a buck or maximizing profits from sales.

Brad

like Brad, I too am predominantly just a collector member of NOD...only time I really ever sell a book is when I upgrade/downgrade or run out of money :)

and, while I have no problem with folks pressing, and "un" restoring books, and resubmitting, etc, I do support the idea of disclosing the info..I would like to see our hobby continue to grow and benefit from what each collector brings to it...honesty is pretty much still the best policy, and usually, in the long run, will advance most folks agenda's one way or another!

gator

It seems like we just recycle arguments over and over on pressing and disclosure. Can we talk about comics?

:pullhair:

Thanks!

Brad

gator

It seems like we just recycle arguments over and over on pressing and disclosure. Can we talk about comics?

:pullhair:

Thanks!

Start a thread.

No, the Marc Schreuder did it does trump that though

nominated.

:applause:

History Lesson: Read and Learn: Pure Ewert

It's pretty fascinating stuff!

Quote:

I find the practice of knowingly trimming or restoring a comic book in any way and attempting to sell the book to anyone without disclosing the restoration deceptive, fraudulent, and unacceptable no matter if the book is slabbed or is sold raw. This is a practice I would never engage in or tolerate on any book anyone else ever sold to me. J.E. 8/25/05

Jason need not apply for membership in NOD. lol

No, the Marc Schreuder did it does trump that though

nominated.

:applause:

History Lesson: Read and Learn: Pure Ewert

It's pretty fascinating stuff!

Quote:

I find the practice of knowingly trimming or restoring a comic book in any way and attempting to sell the book to anyone without disclosing the restoration deceptive, fraudulent, and unacceptable no matter if the book is slabbed or is sold raw. This is a practice I would never engage in or tolerate on any book anyone else ever sold to me. J.E. 8/25/05

Jason need not apply for membership in NOD. lol

well of course not, you're already got jason from those horror movies--oh, wait, that's just Pons. my bad.

It seems the anti-disclosure crowd wins again. By clouding up the water and making everyone sick of the debate.

Wins again? What did they win? Everytime this issue comes up,the anti-disclsure crowd is exposed.

It seems the anti-disclosure crowd wins again. By clouding up the water and making everyone sick of the debate.

Wins again? What did they win? Everytime this issue comes up,the anti-disclsure crowd is exposed.

I haven't seen anyone exposed as anti-disclosure in this thread.

(Please, oh please, take the bait :wishluck: )

Brad

gator

Did someone mention "pressing"?

Those of us who are in the "anti-NOD" crowd, are neither anti-NOD or anti-disclosure. The idea of a perfect and harmonious (sp?) world where everything is disclosed and up-front is something we all strive for. I personally think the idea behind NOD's formation is noble. I do have some problems with the implementation. But I, in no way, speak for the "anti-NOD". I also, as most of you know, practice full, pre-emptive, up-front, no doubt about it, disclosure.

And further, I would definitely respond to any NOD communications.

Heck, I might as well BE a NOD member, if it weren't for the whole membership thing.

I think there's more going on here than just lack of communication and disclosure.

We can bicker till the cows come home, so for the sake of brevity, from here on out, I agree with Richard.

You membership dues are still uncollected :sumo:

Those of us who are in the "anti-NOD" crowd, are neither anti-NOD or anti-disclosure. The idea of a perfect and harmonious (sp?) world where everything is disclosed and up-front is something we all strive for. I personally think the idea behind NOD's formation is noble. I do have some problems with the implementation. But I, in no way, speak for the "anti-NOD". I also, as most of you know, practice full, pre-emptive, up-front, no doubt about it, disclosure.

And further, I would definitely respond to any NOD communications.

Heck, I might as well BE a NOD member, if it weren't for the whole membership thing.

Ditto on all points. :hi: