• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What percentage of your collection have you actually read?

66 posts in this topic

I've been reading at least 5 comic books a day and between these boards and reading all the great comics I have left I've never enjoyed

the hobby more.

It's funny. I spend 10x more time pursuing, acquiring, and reading about comic books than I do actually reading the books themselves. I like your idea of reading a certain amount of books a day. Then I might actually know what is worth keeping (or upgrading) and what to get rid of.

. I guess I'm weird because I'll collect a run and then just read it in a trade so as to not goof up the individual issues.

That is exactly what I do with The Walking Dead

Single issues - untouched.

Retailer Incentive Hardcover - still sealed

Trade paperbacks - read again and again.

Omnibus - sealed. :insane:

I've been reading at least 5 comic books a day and between these boards and reading all the great comics I have left I've never enjoyed

the hobby more.

It's funny. I spend 10x more time pursuing, acquiring, and reading about comic books than I do actually reading the books themselves. I like your idea of reading a certain amount of books a day. Then I might actually know what is worth keeping (or upgrading) and what to get rid of.

the evolving stages of turning into a Dealer.

CAL :news:

moderns...100%...

silver age...100%...

golden age...100% (even tec 1, tec 27, action 1, etc...some books bought slabbed were cracked and read, if another copy or the story was not available to read somewhere)

gator

the hobby more.

I only discovered this awesome hobby about five and half years ago

and like you spent many hours searching e-bay, on-line dealers and

other outlets and found it very hard to stop and enjoy the books I

worked so hard to obtain.

Being so new to the hobby I didn't get a chance to read so many of

the great books out there like some of the many long time collectors

did. I'm still finding artists or writers I love after reading a book and

now have a new title(s) to search for when I go back to my normal

buying habits. (thumbs u

the hobby more.

I only discovered this awesome hobby about five and half years ago

and like you spent many hours searching e-bay, on-line dealers and

other outlets and found it very hard to stop and enjoy the books I

worked so hard to obtain.

Being so new to the hobby I didn't get a chance to read so many of

the great books out there like some of the many long time collectors

did. I'm still finding artists or writers I love after reading a book and

now have a new title(s) to search for when I go back to my normal

buying habits. (thumbs u

a lot of great stuff out there.

CAL :foryou:

the hobby more.

the evolving stages of turning into a Dealer.

CAL :news:

10%

I kinda avoid opening up and reading my high grade silver age Marvels because I need to be careful with them. I hate to spend the money on readers.

I think I've turned into a hunter

:o

the hobby more.

That describes me, and I think many of us. Comic collecting seems to be a completely separate hobby from comic reading; it's almost like many of us are schizophrenic. Look at me: I started re-reading my ASM's from 135 up last week, and haven't gotten past 142. And here I am.

Collecting is an obsession in many ways.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, at the risk of having monkey dung thrown in my direction...

if anyone hasn't read 100% of their comic collection, you are a '

Buying 10.000+ comics hardly takes any effort at all...reading them however is an entirely different thing.

I'm lucky if I find the time to read 20 of them a week...so at the current rate I should be finished in about 10 - 12 years. If I stop buying right now that is...