• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What percentage of your collection have you actually read?

66 posts in this topic

68.25% I read tons of books off the shelf but my main love is older books. I find DC silver age painful to read at times(especially superheroes). I kind of gave up reading them all because it felt like I wanted more from the writing so now each book represents some unknown quantity and that is something I can cherish. By the way Brave & the Bold 51 is an unbearable read. If you ever find yourself in hell and there are stacks of NM B&B 51's down there just know it is a trick and you are in the ironic punishment section of that there infernal placeI love the older stuff for the covers/history/nostalgia though they are older than me.

Depends...if it's the original ArAich pedigree collection then the figure would be around 98%...if we're talking the complete collection including the culch I've purchased over the past few years then the figure would probably drop to around 50%... ;)

I would say I've read something like 50 to 60% of my approximately

1200 books to date.

Since my agreement with the Husband to buy less, I've been

reading at least 5 comic books a day and between these boards

and reading all the great comics I have left I've never enjoyed

the hobby more. (thumbs u

Great idea for a topic and was thinking of creating the same

thread since I'm reading a lot more than I'm buying. (worship)

fay

100% of the Silver Age - when I was a boy for sure.

95% of the Golden Age

0% modern, 10% Bronze.

outside of the SA, the rest are guesstimations...

CAL hm

Hmm.... some of my books I only read in trades like Vampirella for example. The magazine size is too delicate to fumble around with so I read the Vampirella Chronicles as they come out. I have read most of my Savage Sword of Conan mags though and I have about 75% of the run.

As far as non-magazine sized books I've probably read about 40% of them. I guess I'm weird because I'll collect a run and then just read it in a trade so as to not goof up the individual issues.

I read 100% of any moderns I buy though, otherwise I wouldn't buy them.