• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Open Thread to friends and foes alike re: robojo33/Koos/whoever...

122 posts in this topic

I read through ALL this garbage the past hour and I still keep searching for the answer that is obviously not going to ever be answered, until I answer it for the "Koos-police"; the answer to the Q I posted at least THREE( 3) times:

"Why did not someone tell me BEFORE I bid those comics???"

Because it's not anyone else's job to make you an informed consumer, that's your job. The information is out there for anyone that wants it. A simple google search will give anyone in the world all they need to know about that seller, its not exactly a big secret, unless you're a googletard. It is called the WORLD WIDE Web for a reason.

Do you know how helpless and pathetic your question makes you look? Like it's really everyone else's job to spoon feed Cal information about eBay sellers to watch out for. Yea, no one here has anything better to do then watch every auction that Cal bids on and warn him when he's about to do business with a criminal. For someone that's so full of himself, you have a nice way of making your mistakes everyone else's fault.

Sack up and take some responsibility for yourself.

My job??

OK.

To put this "responsibility" on me and every other comic buyer out there:

1) You need to get rid of all the Consumer advocate Bureaus - hey, it is the CONSUMERS' responsibility, right???

2) stop posting/linking/perpetually punishing someone( Comic Keys) that has suppoesdly already been dealt with by the laws of our land - he paid for his crimes, did he not??? Is he still scamming people? Then call the police yourself - or do you need ME to do this too? Hey, it's MY responsibility, right???

3) If you don't think it is your job to tell me before I buy from him, then don't tell me afterward and make this some sort of flagpole crusade like some senior in Pro Bono Law class - if you really don't care and are still going to blame the Consumer( me) for buying from someone you don't like( Koos) then leave it alone.

Old Guys' post is ridiculous.

I get bashed for buying from Comic keys:

1) WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE on my part BEFORE I bought comics;

2) WITHOUT PROOF until I read some links AFTERWARDS

then I get this "still all your fault because it is MY responsibility" like I am supposed to be this great mind reader. I will leave the Miss Cleo parts up to you guys. You are far more suited than I. You can have that world.

The world I have, and earned every dime of it, are my Silver Surfers CGC's NM- 9.2, 9.4, and the 9.6's.

I am NOT going to "google" every time I buy from someone. I do NOT live here, or online like these guys who have 20,000 posts plus.

I REFUSE to "google" or look up some guys' underwear just because I am supposed to be this "Great, informed consumer" just because YOU do this. Are you THAT afraid of getting trimmed/color touched comics? I am not. I have bought far more junk that you could ever imagine.

Maybe I will sell those next - I need to get rid of them anyway.

On my listings I will insert a line: Thanx to Old Guy - he helped me organize my collection but for the wrong reason(s).

To even suggest that I am blaming others for mistakes - oh, what mistake did I make? I bought some old comic books on eBay. I bought some comics from someone that a dozen or so online posters(self-imposed always-right-know-it-all-police-insufficiently_thoughtful_persons) SAY someone is a criminal. If he is scamming - why is he on eBay?

Why is he not back in jail?

Wy do you eevn care if CAL is so bad, so wrong, so self-important, so confrontational?? Leave it alone, for your Christ's sake or whoever you worship.

All over because I bought CLEAN, unrestored comics from someone who for some reason( lack of proof, paid his dues/time) is somehow allowed to sell on eBay, and to sell on eBay you have to be aregistered user, thus a citizen, thus in some kind of good standing????

This is getting old guy fast. Very tiresome and more ridiculous.

next I will be at fault for even trying to submit comics from anyone I buy to CGC - hey, CGC missed the color touch, so-and-so is GOING to turn into a scammer. " And CAL YOU need to be aware and Google who everyone is you buy from - we don't care you bid 50 auctions per week - hire someone to become a P.I. and get ALL the dirt on EVERYONE! Then you will be the ultimate consumer advocate!!!"

Your post stinks, old guy. Word semantics and games are for kids.

The Silver age NM 9.6/9.8's are for those at my level.

This smacks of Mark Furhman being the bigger criminal for the N word instead of the unhuman oxygen-wasting dung that sliced two people back in 1995.

CAL :whatev:

CAL,

Wow. You unloaded like a double barrel shotgun.

You know what, you are right. You should be able to buy your collectibles from whomever and wherever you chose without any interference from any board members. You are obviously smart enough, financially solvent enough and been around the block enough to make your own decisions.

You don't have to take anyone's advice. You are no longer in need of any advice, so everyone should just stop trying to tender any to you.

Hope everything always works out for the best for you. Your contributions to the board definitely do not go unnoticed.

Jim

Your contributions to the board definitely do not go unnoticed.

Jim

What are they? I haven't been here long enough to see anything but vitriol and self-importance coming from this guy. Can someone point me to real contributions?

Jim

What are they? I haven't been here long enough to see anything but vitriol and self-importance coming from this guy. Can someone point me to real contributions?

:gossip: He was being sarcastic.

Jim

:gossip: He was being sarcastic.

I didn't get that vibe (shrug)

But will you still be buying from him ?

He kinda answered that in a roundabout sorta way

Call is a straight shooter and never backs down, so I'm confident he'll give out a straight anwser

I read through ALL this garbage the past hour and I still keep searching for the answer that is obviously not going to ever be answered, until I answer it for the "Koos-police"; the answer to the Q I posted at least THREE( 3) times:

"Why did not someone tell me BEFORE I bid those comics???"

Because it's not anyone else's job to make you an informed consumer, that's your job. The information is out there for anyone that wants it. A simple google search will give anyone in the world all they need to know about that seller, its not exactly a big secret, unless you're a googletard. It is called the WORLD WIDE Web for a reason.

Do you know how helpless and pathetic your question makes you look? Like it's really everyone else's job to spoon feed Cal information about eBay sellers to watch out for. Yea, no one here has anything better to do then watch every auction that Cal bids on and warn him when he's about to do business with a criminal. For someone that's so full of himself, you have a nice way of making your mistakes everyone else's fault.

Sack up and take some responsibility for yourself.

My job??

OK.

To put this "responsibility" on me and every other comic buyer out there:

1) You need to get rid of all the Consumer advocate Bureaus - hey, it is the CONSUMERS' responsibility, right???

2) stop posting/linking/perpetually punishing someone( Comic Keys) that has suppoesdly already been dealt with by the laws of our land - he paid for his crimes, did he not??? Is he still scamming people? Then call the police yourself - or do you need ME to do this too? Hey, it's MY responsibility, right???

3) If you don't think it is your job to tell me before I buy from him, then don't tell me afterward and make this some sort of flagpole crusade like some senior in Pro Bono Law class - if you really don't care and are still going to blame the Consumer( me) for buying from someone you don't like( Koos) then leave it alone.

Old Guys' post is ridiculous.

I get bashed for buying from Comic keys:

1) WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE on my part BEFORE I bought comics;

2) WITHOUT PROOF until I read some links AFTERWARDS

then I get this "still all your fault because it is MY responsibility" like I am supposed to be this great mind reader. I will leave the Miss Cleo parts up to you guys. You are far more suited than I. You can have that world.

The world I have, and earned every dime of it, are my Silver Surfers CGC's NM- 9.2, 9.4, and the 9.6's.

I am NOT going to "google" every time I buy from someone. I do NOT live here, or online like these guys who have 20,000 posts plus.

I REFUSE to "google" or look up some guys' underwear just because I am supposed to be this "Great, informed consumer" just because YOU do this. Are you THAT afraid of getting trimmed/color touched comics? I am not. I have bought far more junk that you could ever imagine.

Maybe I will sell those next - I need to get rid of them anyway.

On my listings I will insert a line: Thanx to Old Guy - he helped me organize my collection but for the wrong reason(s).

To even suggest that I am blaming others for mistakes - oh, what mistake did I make? I bought some old comic books on eBay. I bought some comics from someone that a dozen or so online posters(self-imposed always-right-know-it-all-police-insufficiently_thoughtful_persons) SAY someone is a criminal. If he is scamming - why is he on eBay?

Why is he not back in jail?

Wy do you eevn care if CAL is so bad, so wrong, so self-important, so confrontational?? Leave it alone, for your Christ's sake or whoever you worship.

All over because I bought CLEAN, unrestored comics from someone who for some reason( lack of proof, paid his dues/time) is somehow allowed to sell on eBay, and to sell on eBay you have to be aregistered user, thus a citizen, thus in some kind of good standing????

This is getting old guy fast. Very tiresome and more ridiculous.

next I will be at fault for even trying to submit comics from anyone I buy to CGC - hey, CGC missed the color touch, so-and-so is GOING to turn into a scammer. " And CAL YOU need to be aware and Google who everyone is you buy from - we don't care you bid 50 auctions per week - hire someone to become a P.I. and get ALL the dirt on EVERYONE! Then you will be the ultimate consumer advocate!!!"

Your post stinks, old guy. Word semantics and games are for kids.

The Silver age NM 9.6/9.8's are for those at my level.

This smacks of Mark Furhman being the bigger criminal for the N word instead of the unhuman oxygen-wasting dung that sliced two people back in 1995.

CAL :whatev:

I don't think I have to add a thing to this. You've done a fine job of "putting it all out there", good work!

CAL,

You know what, you are right. You should be able to buy your collectibles from whomever and wherever you chose without any interference from any board members. You are obviously smart enough, financially solvent enough and been around the block enough to make your own decisions.

You don't have to take anyone's advice. You are no longer in need of any advice, so everyone should just stop trying to tender any to you.

Hope everything always works out for the best for you. Your contributions to the board definitely do not go unnoticed.

Jim

I will tell who the three biggest losers are from all of this and some winners:

the three losers are:

Dr. K - the newbie who did not even have 30 posts racked up and asked the seemingly simple Q " Is this robojo33 reliable?". His Thread gets trashed. I have not seen this Dr. K post in anywhere else since then. I wonder why. Notice the lack of the question mark; I am making a simple observation, again.

All other newbies: This has been brought up time and time again, and even on the eBay Boards - how are we going to get new members when all they see is hate from the so-called "established" members? Not one person, including the eBayers never answered that question, either. Oh, they spewed some 3-paragraph post stating how evil I am, how Cal did this, how to blame me for others quitting the Boards, but they cannot answer the question because most of the haters only have hate, and nothing else. Who is going to join? Only haters who want to join the hate party. I guarantee ya ya ain't gonna get the Steve Geppi's( who is a boyhood friend of mine btw) to post here. Then two months later some newbie who does brave the Boards posts the Q" Why does not so-and-so ever post here?" - I have seen at least Three of those the last few years. The oldies don't even reply.

Bottom line: The comics hobby IS dying and comic hobbyists only have themselves to blame. If you are a comics hobbyist, including myself, you CAN do something about this if you are as sincere as you portray yourselves. But nothing will come of this. The crystal ball only sees more of the same. Again.

CGC - when I ain't havin' fun, the hobby gets put on a shelf for 6 months, a year, whatever. Why send stuff in??? Not ONE sale from my Sales Thread that was allowed to be trashed by by the trolls with libel. But forget about my side - how about those that see this garbage and just puts all of this out of their mind??? How many others just gravititate to something else to do? Submissions get sandbagged for several reasons, and seeing this garbage on CGC's mesage board IS one of them.

Winners:

Doctor Watson - no write up needed -

Old Guy - has demonstrated the ability to "spin" a la Bill Clinton/OJ Simpson Lawyers, take something and use word-play to make crimes out of buying comic books on eBay, AND make it a crime because one is NOT the mind-reading consumer expert on WHO you buy comics from AND don't have excess time on your hands to "Google" everyone you can buy off of. I don't know too many people who can do that. And he did it without the comaraderie that too many false-fake- friend/types one can find on Boards that they all try to hide behind when called out by a supposedly neutral third party.

Comic Keys - curiositity has piqued in a different direction - should this man be back in jail? Is he really guilty as the false-friends/fake-friends-know-it-alls say he is? Can Comic-Keys take action against the slander/libel printed on these Boards? He probably does not have $30,000 sitting in a 3rd checking account to pizz away. Too bad.

Oh, I won something too. Time saved. No more time wasted on Selling Threads. Stick to FeeBay. I already offered a generous discount on the link to the eBay Forums Thread but this will be the last. Save time there too. No good deed goes unpunished. That was my fathers' 2nd favorite saying, behind the "Nice guys finish last". They do. Blunt and direct is here to stay.

Gotta go CAL :juggle:

CAL,

Just to clear up some confusion on my part. Is it a good thing that I am in the winners column?

Jim

Yes it is.

CAL :golfclap:

Thanks, buddy.

:acclaim:

you are welcome!

take care

CAL :acclaim:

CAL,

Just to clear up some confusion on my part. Is it a good thing that I am in the winners column?

Jim

Yes it is.

CAL :golfclap:

Thanks, buddy.

:acclaim:

you are welcome!

take care

CAL :acclaim:

Hey Cal....even though I didn't put you in my top ten, can I still be in your winners column?

CAL,

Jim

All other newbies: This has been brought up time and time again, and even on the eBay Boards - how are we going to get new members when all they see is hate from the so-called "established" members? Not one person, including the eBayers never answered that question, either. Oh, they spewed some 3-paragraph post stating how evil I am, how Cal did this, how to blame me for others quitting the Boards, but they cannot answer the question because most of the haters only have hate, and nothing else. Who is going to join? Only haters who want to join the hate party. I guarantee ya ya ain't gonna get the Steve Geppi's( who is a boyhood friend of mine btw) to post here. Then two months later some newbie who does brave the Boards posts the Q" Why does not so-and-so ever post here?" - I have seen at least Three of those the last few years. The oldies don't even reply.

Bottom line: The comics hobby IS dying and comic hobbyists only have themselves to blame. If you are a comics hobbyist, including myself, you CAN do something about this if you are as sincere as you portray yourselves. But nothing will come of this. The crystal ball only sees more of the same. Again.

I guess I am a fairly Noobie here. All forums have their griping. Nothing new. Get over it.

CGC - when I ain't havin' fun, the hobby gets put on a shelf for 6 months, a year, whatever. Why send stuff in??? Not ONE sale from my Sales Thread that was allowed to be trashed by by the trolls with libel. But forget about my side - how about those that see this garbage and just puts all of this out of their mind??? How many others just gravititate to something else to do? Submissions get sandbagged for several reasons, and seeing this garbage on CGC's mesage board IS one of them.

Wah wah, this appears to be calling on CGC to save you by saying " I am not sending anything else to CGC for 6 months/year.

Oh, I won something too. Time saved. No more time wasted on Selling Threads. Stick to FeeBay. I already offered a generous discount on the link to the eBay Forums Thread but this will be the last. Save time there too. No good deed goes unpunished. That was my fathers' 2nd favorite saying, behind the "Nice guys finish last". They do. Blunt and direct is here to stay.

And how did that discount go for ya? would be interested to know.

I made the list ...YAY! One more *spoon* I don't have to deal with!!