• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bunkybrothers on Ebay, any dealings?

39 posts in this topic

Bought a book after they accepted one of my offers. Great communication. Fast shipping and grading was good but it wasn't a 9.X book but a mid-grade GA. October has had books shipped from them that were higher grades than advertized. They are board members but don't post often, right?

Yep. I bought three golden age books from them (I think). All three were undergraded. Excellent sellers.

I just bought a book from them tonight after reading this thread.

Very fast response to my offer. They seem like first class

guys to deal with. (thumbs u Hopefully not my last deal with

them and I might buy a few more before sending payment.

These boards are a collector's dream assisting me when

selecting sellers. (worship)

I just bought a book from them tonight after reading this thread.

Very fast response to my offer. They seem like first class

guys to deal with. (thumbs u Hopefully not my last deal with

them and I might buy a few more before sending payment.

These boards are a collector's dream assisting me when

selecting sellers. (worship)

Finding good sellers on ebay can be a chore sometimes, so when I do I like to let it be known. I get tired of dealing with people who act like it's a chore to do business or give good customer service. Bunky brothers are serious about their business and treat the buyer with courtesy and respect, making for a pleasant, quick and happy transaction.

My 2-cents:

I've bought a few books from Bunky, and have been very satisfied. Not undergraded, but right at the top-edge of the grade on what I've bought. For example, one tough book had a "NM-" sticker on it, and they advertised it at VF/NM, and I'm sure quite a few people on here would have sold it as a NM-. Excellent shipping and nice to deal with too.

The only reason I don't buy more is that some of their prices are high, and their supply of early-BA is kind of limited.

I received a book from their e-bay site this week and was

extremely pleased with the nicest looking VF- I've ever

purchased from e-bay. If that's VF- then my grading

education has a long long way to go.

If I would break down and buy a scanner I would show you

guys. :sorry:

Thanks Brian and Ken. (worship)

fay :foryou:

I received a book from their e-bay site this week and was

extremely pleased with the nicest looking VF- I've ever

purchased from e-bay. If that's VF- then my grading

education has a long long way to go.

If I would break down and buy a scanner I would show you

guys. :sorry:

Thanks Brian and Ken. (worship)

fay :foryou:

The Bunkys are The Olsen twins of Comic Books..and I mean that as a compliment (thumbs u

My experience with the Bunkys is limited but fairly negative... purchased a few SA Little Lulus from them at what appeared to be ~80% of guide and they turned out to have rusty staples. Yes, I should have been more diligent, so I'll take most of the blame for not catching the rust. These were relatively low-grade copies (VG or so, at least at first blush) so I didn't scrutinize them.

My experience with The Bunkys is a sad one.

Did a deal with them for a book coupla years ago, no probs.

Book arrived in good time, well packed...no probs.

I opened the package in the kitchen (it had a stone floor).

I fumbled the book...it fell...the plastic tomb smashed doh!

I cried...well not really...but I felt like it..it was a Gaines file copy :sorry:

My experience with the Bunkys is limited but fairly negative... purchased a few SA Little Lulus from them at what appeared to be ~80% of guide and they turned out to have rusty staples. Yes, I should have been more diligent, so I'll take most of the blame for not catching the rust. These were relatively low-grade copies (VG or so, at least at first blush) so I didn't scrutinize them.

It must have been a small amount to be overlooked. I am pretty sure a little bit of rust is acceptable in vg. So it sounds like you got a pretty good deal. (shrug)