• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2007 CGC Forum Holiday Gift Exchange sign up

945 posts in this topic

Nothing has arrived yet.

Updated MIA's so far:

Count

TheWatcher

detective27kid

the shadow knows

TonyStarkFan

Mac Man

joecgcmaniac

Pirate

seanh

djpinkpanther

Shootydog

loboagain

Tarzan_Geek

Inhuman Fiend

FlyingDonut

Theagenes

Shadow

I think we're going to relegated to the Island of Misfit Toys :sorry:

misfittoyscopy.jpg

Because nobody wants a Kenny in the box.

:sorry:

Thanks for the list, we still have a few days left before the Big Day.. but I do fear for a few.... more to come.

Backup Santas are in place if need be.

Ze-

Can we have a thread where we anonymously comment on whether we are happy(or want to person_without_enough_empathy) with what we got and only the sender knows who we are talking about??

I think it would be fun and Ze-man would also get a chuckle because he knows who the sender was.

I haven't got mine so its not because I want to person_without_enough_empathy about it (yet :grin: ) rather its my first time participating and I really need to know if I measured up or do I need to step up my game next year.

Greggy seems like the perfect guy to start this thread.

Can we have a thread where we anonymously comment on whether we are happy(or want to person_without_enough_empathy) with what we got and only the sender knows who we are talking about??

I think it would be fun and Ze-man would also get a chuckle because he knows who the sender was.

I haven't got mine so its not because I want to person_without_enough_empathy about it (yet :grin: ) rather its my first time participating and I really need to know if I measured up or do I need to step up my game next year.

I dont like this idea at all. I think its sets a nasty precedent. Secret Santa is for fun and if anyone about their gift openly...well....they are a boor. Any complaints should be handled privately to avoid any miscommunications or raw feelings.

I dont like this idea at all. I think its sets a nasty precedent. Secret Santa is for fun and if anyone about their gift openly...well....they are a boor. Any complaints should be handled privately to avoid any miscommunications or raw feelings.

:applause:

In many cases, it may not be possible for someone to get something directly on your "santa's" want list. I experienced this problem. I tried to do the best I could in putting some thought into the gift I bought. I'd like to think I did well, but if I didn't, I certainly wouldn't want it publicized on the boards.

Posting your displeasure in public could get nasty very quickly (not saying that would be the case with me), but not a good idea.

Nothing has arrived yet.

Updated MIA's so far:

Count

TheWatcher

detective27kid

the shadow knows

TonyStarkFan

Mac Man

joecgcmaniac

Pirate

seanh

djpinkpanther

Shootydog

loboagain

Tarzan_Geek

Inhuman Fiend

FlyingDonut

Theagenes

Shadow

I think we're going to relegated to the Island of Misfit Toys :sorry:

misfittoyscopy.jpg

Because nobody wants a Kenny in the box.

:sorry:

Thanks for the list, we still have a few days left before the Big Day.. but I do fear for a few.... more to come.

Backup Santas are in place if need be.

Ze-

Nothing arrived for me either. The package for my forumite was sent and received safely in Iraq :banana:

I agree. Not cool. Not in line with the spirit of this gift exchange. Whatever my secret santa sent, I'll be truly grateful. It's about sharing and connecting with other people who love comics. I know you didn't mean it in a mean spirited way, but this is not a good idea.

Now if this were a festivus gift exchange. hm

In many cases, it may not be possible for someone to get something directly on your "santa's" want list. I experienced this problem. I tried to do the best I could in putting some thought into the gift I bought. I'd like to think I did well, but if I didn't, I certainly wouldn't want it publicized on the boards.

Posting your displeasure in public could get nasty very quickly (not saying that would be the case with me), but not a good idea.

Couldn't agree more...a thread (or even a PM) to complain about your "gift" is in extremely poor taste and certainly the furthest thing from the intent and purpose of this exchange which is fun and sharing the Christmas spirit with other comic lovers. :sumo:

Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike?, I'm excluded from this elite list now! :mad:

However, here's my final rant

1) Box isn't wrapped - Sic him Ze

2) Box is too damn big

3) Box's description isn't what I asked for

Thanks, Dork :baiting:

Were we supposed to wrap our present? ooops, forgot.

Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike?, I'm excluded from this elite list now! :mad:

However, here's my final rant

1) Box isn't wrapped - Sic him Ze

2) Box is too damn big

3) Box's description isn't what I asked for

Thanks, Dork :baiting:

Were we supposed to wrap our present? ooops, forgot.

Yes, but I have to retract my unwrapped gift whine because that was just the outer box that wasn't wrapped. :sumo:

Couldn't agree more...a thread (or even a PM) to complain about your "gift" is in extremely poor taste and certainly the furthest thing from the intent and purpose of this exchange which is fun and sharing the Christmas spirit with other comic lovers. :sumo:

I think most people put a lot of thought into the gifts that were sent.I know I did.After all isnt this about the spirit of giving ?

Well, I sent out the necessary inquiry PM's and will hopefully have some good news for many of you.

If not we have those back up Santa's ready and willing to ship out a belated gift.

More to come.

And while I can see that Subliminal didn't mean any harm with his suggestion, I agree.. we should just keep the present complaining to a minimum, except for Greggy because he is the only fully licensed complainer here.

Ze-

Well, I sent out the necessary inquiry PM's and will hopefully have some good news for many of you.

If not we have those back up Santa's ready and willing to ship out a belated gift.

More to come.

And while I can see that Subliminal didn't mean any harm with his suggestion, I agree.. we should just keep the present complaining to a minimum, except for Greggy because he is the only fully licensed complainer here.

Ze-

Read my complaint PM to your shill account yet? :whistle:

More to come.

Ze-

Read my complaint PM to your shill account yet? :whistle:

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is a Flee Marquette-esque dancing greggy-grinch that we can enjoy for Christmas in perpetuity. A dancing greggy-scrooge would also be acceptable. Your friend,

--Sean.

Ares

Count

detective27kid

djpinkpanther

FlyingDonut

Inhuman Fiend

Jeffreykli

joecgcmaniac

Karma23

loboagain

Mac Man

paperheart

Pirate

seanh

Shadow

Shootydog

Tarzan_Geek

the shadow knows

Theagenes

TheWatcher

TonyStarkFan

Transplant

xsmanx

No shill reading yet, still trying to get through my first inbox.

:busy:

You will feel like a fool after you read my PM :whistle:

I feel like a fool when I read your posts

I feel like getting another lobotomy when I read your posts. (shrug)