• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re. current ComicLink FOCUSED AUCTION items... WOW lots of goodies again, eh?

52 posts in this topic

So, I took a quick peek at the current ComicLink "Featured Auction" items that run through the end of the month. I usually find a few that are on my want list and then usually score a few last minute cheap-o snipes to add to my 4-10 item shipping bracket, but this sale seems absolutely giant! Seems filled with lots of good, high quality lots...

Current ComicLink Featured Auction offerings.

My initial "keep an eye on me list" must have 25+ lots that I could be gunning for! :makepoint:

Too bad I'd need a 2nd job to cover all that and the pending Holiday season! :censored:lol

three books interest me, and hopefully two of them will be coming home to me. The ones Im looking at shouldnt be too expensive so :wishluck:
:whatev:

Auction previews are always fun, in a Match Game sorta way. Just to see what kind of mad skillz are in play these days with paper mechanics.

This Rulah is facinating. It's stunning what non-additive, non-restorative alchemy can do to diminish the appearance of ink bleed.

Dry cleaning extraordinaire. (worship)

Rulah Jungle Goddess #18 CGC FN 8.5

Rulah Jungle Goddess #18 CGC FN 6.0

Rulah18.jpg

Auction previews are always fun, in a Match Game sorta way. Just to see what kind of mad skillz are in play these days with paper mechanics.

This Rulah is facinating. It's stunning what non-additive, non-restorative alchemy can do to diminish the appearance of ink bleed.

Rulah18.jpg

Are you sure those are the same book? :insane::baiting::jokealert:

Honorable mention to this Zip Comics #8. Mainly for the it's fun shock-laugh effect. (Yeah, I'm easily entertained, what can I say. :blush: )

Nice book, but the 'White pages' gave me pause since it's sporting a rusted staple. I always assumed the same high humidity environment that might rust a staple would probably tone pages a bit too.

No big bump, 5.5 to 6.0. Straight resub most likely, with pages improving from Off-white/white to White.

ZIP COMICS #8 CGC 6.0 White

Zip Comics #8 CGC FN- 5.5 Off-white to white

Zip8.jpg

The fun came with the back cover scan. Where those gorgeous White pages give a tease, just peeking out with the fan-fold. Click to enlarge, and...

Whoa! mehlol

(If you can't view their large scans, maybe this captures that b-slap eye-poke effect somewhat.)

Zip8White.jpg

Honorable mention to this Zip Comics #8. Mainly for the it's fun shock-laugh effect. (Yeah, I'm easily entertained, what can I say. :blush: )

Nice book, but the 'White pages' gave me pause since it's sporting a rusted staple. I always assumed the same high humidity environment that might rust a staple would probably tone pages a bit too.

No big bump, 5.5 to 6.0. Straight resub most likely, with pages improving from Off-white/white to White.

ZIP COMICS #8 CGC 6.0 White

Zip Comics #8 CGC FN- 5.5 Off-white to white

Zip8.jpg

The fun came with the back cover scan. Where those gorgeous White pages give a tease, just peeking out with the fan-fold. Click to enlarge, and...

Whoa! mehlol

(If you can't view their large scans, maybe this captures that b-slap eye-poke effect somewhat.)

Zip8White.jpg

Wow, with white pages like that, who needs cream pages!

Rulah18.jpg

Pink pages? Thats a first

Rulah18.jpg

Yeah, maybe when I retire from my real job, I'll take one of them correspondence courses in funny book restoration and put my grandkids through college. :golfclap:

Rulah18.jpg

Pink pages? Thats a first

Yes, can someone please explain, PINK pages?