• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mounting OA Question

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have a bit of a newb question for you more experienced OA collectors. My father-in-law is going to be framing a piece of Spidey OA that I got, but to have it fit securely he was looking to trim about 1/8" off the top and bottom edges. The concern is that it would trim some of the template text (nothing of the actual OA or the artist signatures). I wanted to check here first though because while it is for my personal enjoyment, I also don't want to damage this as it and detract from its value.

Thoughts?

Hey guys, I have a bit of a newb question for you more experienced OA collectors. My father-in-law is going to be framing a piece of Spidey OA that I got, but to have it fit securely he was looking to trim about 1/8" off the top and bottom edges. The concern is that it would trim some of the template text (nothing of the actual OA or the artist signatures). I wanted to check here first though because while it is for my personal enjoyment, I also don't want to damage this as it and detract from its value.

Thoughts?

Don't do it!!!! Get a larger size frame, go to a picture frame shop have them frame it, but unless the original art is mess (which it probably isn;t) I wouldn't change the size for any reasons!!!!

Trimming it is a horrible idea. Pay the extra money and have it custom framed.

Exactly what he said! If it's something you want to frame go to Hobby Lobby with one of their 50% off coupons and let them do it. Joann's runs the same deal all the time too.

Exactly what he said! If it's something you want to frame go to Hobby Lobby with one of their 50% off coupons and let them do it. Joann's runs the same deal all the time too.

Wow, I didn't know that about Hobby Lobby. There's one about two miles from my house. You can't beat 50% off! That's where I'll be going once I get back and start getting stuff framed. Thanks Buffyfan. (thumbs u

Wow, I didn't know that about Hobby Lobby. There's one about two miles from my house. You can't beat 50% off! That's where I'll be going once I get back and start getting stuff framed. Thanks Buffyfan. (thumbs u

"MICHAEL'S" has this special also alot of the time. And if they aren't running the deal in store you can generally find a 50% one item coupon in the sunday paper.

Go to their web site and sign up for their weekly flyer. It won't junk up your email with stuff they only send a flyer out every Sunday with the weekly specials. They are closed on Sundays.

My wife and I are at Hobby Lobby pretty frequently and it seems that if something you want is not on sale.... wait a week and it will be on a 50% off sale. They do the framing sale quite often! :banana:

Thanks, I've been in there a bunch of times. My wife loves the place for home decoration type stuff. Knowing about the sales will make her happy too. That'll make it easier when I start dropping cash on framing. I can use her age old excuse "...but honey it's on sale." lol

Michaels is where I got my Jusko Marvel Masterpiece painting framed. I went during one of their many 50% custom framing sales, and was very pleased with the results.

If you do get it framed, make sure you get UV protecting glass! (thumbs u

Very cool. I kind of suspected that this was the case, but I wanted to be sure. My father in law does all the custom framing, but I think there was one he had already on hand that was close in size.

Thanks for the help guys!

P.S. I used to love Hobby Lobby when I was stationed in KS for these deals. It's where I ended up getting my "Getting out of the Army" gift matted and framed from my family.