• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Advice Needed

57 posts in this topic

What romance books are you looking at?

Sinister House of Secret Love :cloud9:

Gurgle Gak! :thumbsup:

Been to the dentist? hm

lol

Blug. Ack!

GLX SPTZL GLAAH!!!

What romance books are you looking at?

Sinister House of Secret Love :cloud9:

I'm thinking about buying those early issues too. Beautiful Gothic covers....

How about Love And Rockets? Masterful comics storytelling.

'Beautiful Stories For Ugly Children'? The reason those don't exist in high grade is because readers angrily threw them in the garbage. Rightfully. :P

James,

I sent you a PM, but looking at this other list, I have to say Seanh is dead on.

I have a collection of MAGE, Silverback, even some E-Man and Starslayer to go with my Cerebus if you're interested.

Mage:Hero Discovered....best series EVER.

(behind Watchmen)

Usagi Yojimbo

Judge Dredd

If you want to get into the entire range of 1960-1970 underground comix, then I would recommend a copy Fogels Underground Comix Price Guide. If you are interested in the history of UGS, then check out Comix: The Underground Revolution by Dez Skinn and Rebel Visions: The Underground Comix Revolution by Patrick Rosenkranz.

There are a lot of Indies that are worth collecting (I should know I have around 4K of them lol ). I think you've gotten lots of good choices so far. My favorites are:

Airboy

Jonny Quest

Crossfire

Bone

Cerebus

Zot

Nexus

Concrete

Flaming Carrot

Elementals

Xenozoic Tales

Forgot Miracleman, Usagi, Vietnam Journal and Mr. X

Usagi Yojimbo

Judge Dredd

If you want to get into the entire range of 1960-1970 underground comix, then I would recommend a copy Fogels Underground Comix Price Guide. If you are interested in the history of UGS, then check out Comix: The Underground Revolution by Dez Skinn and Rebel Visions: The Underground Comix Revolution by Patrick Rosenkranz.

I wrote a paper in a Japanese class about Usagi Yojimbo! My teacher laughed while reading it. I also gave her a comic. She was hooked on it after that!

James,

I sent you a PM, but looking at this other list, I have to say Seanh is dead on.

I have a collection of MAGE, Silverback, even some E-Man and Starslayer to go with my Cerebus if you're interested.

Mage:Hero Discovered....best series EVER.

(behind Watchmen)

PM answered