• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Advice Needed

57 posts in this topic

This is my first post in some time, except the few here and there in the Comic Selling Thread. After selling off my entire collection 5 months ago and taking a break from comics in general, I have decided to take up collecting again. As most of you know I loved collecting Iron Man and superhero comics, but now I want to shift my focus. I primarily want to collect independent/underground comics from the 70's and early 80's and romance comics. I already have begun getting together quite a nice run of Flaming Carrot comics and have a title in the romance genre that I want to collect. My question is: Can all of you, with your vast comic knowledge, suggest some independent/underground comics to collect? I prefer high grade as I want this to be a challenge. Any advice would be helpful. :)

Welcome back buddy!

Comicwiz is by far one of the best resources on these boards (or any where) for undergrounds. He knows more about the topic then jast about anyone I know. Be sure and send him a PM.

Miracle Man is great as is Nexus, and early American Flagg

Can't go wrong with The Tick either, and Flamming Carrot is a great choice to start off with!

Welcome back!

Oh, and Concrete by Dark Horse (thumbs u

I second Eclipse Dave Stevens covers and Cherry Poptart.

Maybe venture into the realm of magazines. They are pretty cheap and some are tough as nails to get in high grade. Skywalds for instance are very difficult.

Another fun set of runs are the 70's Charlton Horror/Sci Fi books. Tough in high grade but common in midrange. Nice Ditko and Kulata art in many. Pretty inexpensive overall unless you want 9.8's. Ditto for Red Circle books.

There are a lot of Indies that are worth collecting (I should know I have around 4K of them lol ). I think you've gotten lots of good choices so far. My favorites are:

Airboy

Jonny Quest

Crossfire

Bone

Cerebus

Zot

Nexus

Concrete

Flaming Carrot

Elementals

Xenozoic Tales

What romance books are you looking at?