• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comics questions from a GA Noob

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just recently started dabbling in GA comics by picking up some cool L.B. Cole covers from a couple of members here and may be branching out a little bit....hopefully you'll forgive any ignorance I may show here!

I managed to pick up a nice issue of Planet Comics (#55 published by Fiction house) for a great price the other day by sheer luck at a used bookstore I go into quite a bit. It's got a great cover (as is any cover showing a beautiful gal with a raygun!), but I was really blown away by the interior art.

Anyway, the stories and art in this issue are great, but leaving me wanting for more. These issues are pretty spendy in the OSPG and I'm not sure I'll run into another one the same way I lucked into this one.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone know if any of this series was ever reprinted in an affordable volume? Either Hardback or TPB?

The picture below isn't of my book specifically (I don't have a scan handy), but it is the same book I bought (#55). It seems that my interest has now spread from GA Horror exclusively to GA SciFi. :pullhair:

47479-planetcomics55.jpg.26a0a888c76bc4d34a4fe53230cd6f47.jpg

I love them too. Sadly there are only a very few reprints. Off the top of my head, there were one or two issues reprinted in the 80's (by Pacific Comics?) and perhaps a black and white issue in the 70's. You can get them for under guide on eBay very easily...

these are b&w but done quite nicely. the cd rom should have color reproductions.

planet1reprint.jpg

and there are definitely more available from AC comics

fictionhousereprint.jpg