• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Canadian Editions of the 80's

18 posts in this topic

I went Googling but could not find any info on these Canadian variants. With so many Canadians and/or variant collectors on this board, I figure this is the best forum for my queries. I would like to know the following info on these Canadian editions (CE):

1. From when to when were these variants issued?

2. Were these direct sale, newstand or both? Marvel included the Canadian price on all Direct Sale issues after Oct 1982 so I am assuming these were newstand issues but it all depends on the answer to #1 above.

3. Were there CEs for all Marvel titles at that time including Mini-Series, Specials, etc?

4. If all titles did not have CEs, which one's did... I know that Daredevil, ASM and UXM were issued as CEs. Any others?

5. Are there any sites with information on these variants? Cover Scans, etc.

6. Any other interesting information on CEs?

Thanks and 5 stars for all who help out.

As a Canuck I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge:

1.The month that the Canadian price differed from the US price. Was that October 1982?

2. CE price only were newstand only. Direct had US/CAN/UK prices.

3. No. Not all Marvels were being distributed to Newstands at the time. (Although most were - exclude Marvel Fanfare, Micronauts, Ka-Zar, Moon Knight, and one or two others that were direct only).

4. All mainstream Marvels at the time did. Cap, Avengers, Conan, etc. Even minis like Contest of Champions, Wolverine, Hercules... and so on.

5. Not that I'm aware of.

6. Nope.

Kev

go ahead and laugh if you want...

Picture_062.jpg

but i love this comic and loved the series. (although when i watch it today on reruns, it's lost a little of it's luster. but you know mr. t. kick arse!)

sorry if this is huge by the way, i couldn't get it smaller.

Thanks for the great info all. I had wondered about the CEs for awhile now and I played with the idea of putting together a set if there were only a few titles and/or ran for a short time period. However, based on the info above this will probably not happen unless I run into a whole mess at one time. As promised 5 stars for all. flowerred.gif