• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Graphic Collectibles Ebay Auctions & Website Update!!!

26 posts in this topic

There is no real reason to have "repped artists" and "Other artists" on my site.

If you do a search on my website and you see that I have quite a bit of Starlin, Quitely, McGuinness, Campbell and others, most will assume that I rep them.

Besides, if I put repped artists as a separate catagory, I'll get emails all day asking if they do commissions. I don't handle commissions for any of the artists I rep. Too much trouble.

If you Google Jim Starlin, there are NO dealers listed on the first 5 pages. If you Google Jim Starlin Art For Sale, I am at the bottom of the 2nd page, which will be taken care of.

As a consumer, I do find it important to see up front the artists a dealer represents. It immediately tells a new customer that you have a good repoire with artists and gives a potential buyer a good idea of your respectability based on who you represent. It just seems to make sense to be a good promotional tool to list who you represent and I really bet you'll get a lot higher than bottom of 2nd page (honestly a pretty poor spot) if you make special notice of who you rep.

A few more reasons:

I don't want to click through every artist to find the one with the big list of art. That make me lazy? Maybe, but lazy money tastes the same as regular money. Also, I'm much more inclined to click on an artist I don't know if they are listed in a repped section instead of hidden away in the big list of famous names. I hope a simple "no commissions and requests for commissions will not be responded to" line would satisfy most people and you wouldn't be deluged with requests.

But yeah, it's your business and such...

-Bob

I've always know that Mitch was Jim's art sales rep, but that doesn't help Anthony out. Various dealers do have Starlin pieces for sale, but not in the volume that Mitch does, nor do they have his most recent work, as Mitch does. Too bad that the other fellow couldn't have just pointed Anthony in the right direction...

I also find that while Jim doesn't do commissions outside of cons if you go to a show that he is attending he usually brings along a dozen or so pre-done inked illustrations of the characters with which he is most commonly associated (like Warlock, Captain Marvel, Thanos, Darkseid, Dreadstar... and so on.)

It's no big deal, I got a nice page from the inker Batt. I have met all types of characters in comics, there are good ones and there are bad ones. The beauty of a free market system is that you can deal with who you want.

It's no big deal, I got a nice page from the inker Batt. I have met all types of characters in comics, there are good ones and there are bad ones. The beauty of a free market system is that you can deal with who you want.

Were you the one that got issue 2 page 14? That's a nice page. I would have bought it if it went on sale...

Malvin