• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever use Craigslist to search for comics?

29 posts in this topic

I've had decent success selling. Usually, the best comes from people that continually buy items. Oddly enough, though they buy a fair amount, they tend to go through jobs like underwear. It's also a matter of huge valleys in sales. Sometimes I can't list fast enough. But the majority of the time, I'm lucky to get a bite.

On buying, I'm not too fond of it. I do okay buying cheap trade paperbacks. As it's already been mentioned, 90's garbage is usually the "old" stuff. I went to some guys house to look through some old stuff. Absolute trash (late 80's, mostly 90s), the guy was partially insane, and the drive was pretty long. Makes you wonder if there are really any true finds anymore.

Pat

I try to check it every couple of days.

Like most things - 99% junk, but occassionally there will be something decent on there. I think I found a couple small collections last year that I ended up buying. Responded to about 50, and like most - "valuable" and "old" stuff from the 80s and 90s. Lots of Image.....

It is good for a laugh sometimes though. There is one guy trying to sell 5 or 6 Marvel books from the 90s for $200 - we are talking 10 for $1 stuff here. Every couple weeks he lowers the price down a little bit more.... I have to wonder if he really thinks they are worth that much or is just trying to scam someone.