• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stolen book alert (Showcase 8)

52 posts in this topic

This honestly, should be a breeze to solve, and get renumeration...

"I don't think it means what you think it means."

shawn.jpg

Really? hmmmmmmmmmmmm, in my world, remuneration=compensation

what do YOU think it means??? doh!

Remuneration does mean compensation...but that's not what you posted. Thus my comment. Renumeration means to count again.

Just some good natured ribbing.....no need to get bunched. :foryou:

C

but, there is no such word as RENUMERATION???? hence my post about my original post simply being a TYPO doh! don't know where you live that there IS such a word?

i'm not "bunched" at all, just amused at the members that jump on every, and any, typo in a given post, in an attempt to??? what? exactly?

shawn.jpg

Remuneration does mean compensation...but that's not what you posted. Thus my comment. Renumeration means to count again.

C

but, there is no such word as RENUMERATION???? hence my post about my original post simply being a TYPO doh! don't know where you live that there IS such a word?

i'm not "bunched" at all, just amused at the members that jump on every, and any, typo in a given post, in an attempt to??? what? exactly?

I understand....renumeration is a common typo for remuneration. It is so common that several texts refer to the word stating "renumeration: which would mean re-counting, if it were a word." That was what my reference alluded to. You aren't the first person to switch the word. Being that enumeration is so close to it in spelling is probably why.

No one was jumping on anything or anyone...it was a joke. The fact that it bothers you this much, officially, means that it got you bunched. That was not my intention, any chance to slip in a Princess Bride quote I take.

I was not trying to question your personal grammatical stature...all apologies.

C

shawn.jpg

C

Pi$$ you off?!?!?!... :makepoint:(shrug)

shawn.jpg

C

Pi$$ you off?!?!?!... :makepoint:(shrug)

Nope, not in the least. I simply have concluded this board is filled with a bizzare, dissputatious, group of members (shrug)

That will TRY to make a point, where there is none to be made zzz

and now, i'm as ebullient as I was prior to posting these words :acclaim:

This is a great example of why I am a firm believer in submitting your own books either on site or filling out your own paperwork and sending it in.

You're always going to be at the mercy of whoever is doing it for you, and sometimes that discount just isn't worth it.

There was a similar story on the boards not too long ago...I forget who or the EXACT details...but a forumitte entrusted a book he purchased from a dealer...then paid said dealer again to submit the book for him.

Months went by, no book...and then all of a sudden, the book was "lost."

No doubt due to the fact the book came back a much higher grade and said dealer knew he could make even more on the book and just refund the poor forumitte his money back...minus pain and suffering...of course.

Brother, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Truly.

What is his name & address? Post it for us all to consider.

I do have both name and address, but am afraid posting such might result in something tragic happening to the guy and myself feeling slightly guilty for said actions taking place. :insane:

FRACK him.

Seriously...he should have thought of that before he decided to bone you.

(Boy, I hope this isn't someone I know, or a friend)

But I've dealt with dishonest dealers...and I know it's an awful feeling to be screwed by them. What you do is you take your business somewhere else, and you tell everyone in shouting distance what said dealer is REALLY like.

Bad word of mouth travels a hell of a lot faster then good word of mouth.

What is his name & address? Post it for us all to consider.

I do have both name and address, but am afraid posting such might result in something tragic happening to the guy and myself feeling slightly guilty for said actions taking place. :insane:

FRACK him.

Seriously...he should have thought of that before he decided to bone you.

(Boy, I hope this isn't someone I know, or a friend)

But I've dealt with dishonest dealers...and I know it's an awful feeling to be screwed by them. What you do is you take your business somewhere else, and you tell everyone in shouting distance what said dealer is REALLY like.

Bad word of mouth travels a hell of a lot faster then good word of mouth.

No no, the name and address I was talking about is the guy who GOT the book shipped to him by mistake, not the dealer. The dealer is going to fully reimburse me for the book.

dissputatious :acclaim:

I'm not EVEN going to pretend I know what this word means . . . :grin:

no sweat david - there is no such word...........

Disputatious on the other hand simply means "inclined to dispute"...... :grin:

perhaps our friend was simply stretching the point again...............

dissputatious :acclaim:

I'm not EVEN going to pretend I know what this word means . . . :grin:

no sweat david - there is no such word...........

Disputatious on the other hand simply means "inclined to dispute"...... :grin:

perhaps our friend was simply stretching the point again...............

That would create a Disputatious Sesquipedalian, wouldn't it? (:

C