• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How would you sell these books?

54 posts in this topic

I would go with CL.

Ebay is a good choice as well if they are HG. No reserve.

I despise Heritage and won't bid on their books.

Seling slabs on the boards is a bad idea unless you enjoy getting 70% of true value.

does that mean you owe me another 30% (actually 40%)? :baiting:

lol:applause:

Uhh..no, it doesnt.

:sorry:

I did well on the boards with some of my slabs. (shrug)

Those were X-Men.

I'm talking about real comic books. :baiting:

Like Romance ?

Well, no although those are great books.

Mostly I'm referrng to standard super-hero stuff.

Those were X-Men.

Actually, I am still doing quite well from the sale. I have at least three repeat customers and received another solid lead right before lunch. Plus, I don't have to up charge to cover the commission.

Furthermore, every one I have dealt with has been fantastic.

I usually sell less expensive stuff on eBay with no reserve (for the reasons tth2 mentions). That has worked pretty well for slabbed Disney books but I suspect it depends a lot on what you are selling. I'd go to Heritage if I had enough volume to negotiate a good deal. For more valuable books I've been experimenting with various options but still haven't found a good solution. I like ComicConnect because it is very easy to end a listing if it does not sell at a given price. That's the only reason I have not used ComicLink (I am not sure if they changed their policy on this?)

Those were X-Men.

Actually, I am still doing quite well from the sale. I have at least three repeat customers and received another solid lead right before lunch. Plus, I don't have to up charge to cover the commission.

Well, that's all well and good and I'm happy for you.

But can I still make fun of X-Men comics? It's sort of what I do. Without that I am an empty shell of a man without reason or purpose.

Those were X-Men.

Well, that's all well and good and I'm happy for you.

But can I still make fun of X-Men comics? It's sort of what I do. Without that I am an empty shell of a man without reason or purpose.

Oh, I thought that is why you got married?

Thanks everyone for the excellent advice. It's very much appreciated. (worship)

I've emailed the list of books to Josh to see if he'd accept them for the January focused auction.

Thanks again!

Jeff

Good luck Jeff! :wishluck:

Screw the boards--these are slabs and ironically most of the folks here are rawbies. If you want no hassle, I'd go with listing on CL first...and depending on the bites, go into their focussed auction...that is if you meet the strict and high standards of Josh.

You have the fact that you have a large run going for you, because they usually go for that. Otherwise, if they weren't $100+ books he may suggest that you place them online.

I would go with a no reserve auction. There's something about the fact that a book WILL sell within a specified period that causes prices to spiral up if it's a book that at least 2 collectors must have. If you list a book at a crazy price on CL or Pedigree or some other consignment site, even guys who might want it might pass on it because they figure no one else will take it any time soon and they would rather use their funds elsewhere for the time being. Plus, it doesn't take long before your listing gets pushed down in CL's new listings.

Hey Tim,

Do you mean a no reserve auction on eBay?

I think eBay`s generally useless these days. I would say Heritage or CL auction.

Didnt Rocketeer get pretty good prices for his Lois Lanes on ebay recently?

...Rocketeer got insane prices for his Lois Lanes on E-bay,... :banana:

Screw the boards--these are slabs and ironically most of the folks here are rawbies. If you want no hassle, I'd go with listing on CL first...and depending on the bites, go into their focussed auction...that is if you meet the strict and high standards of Josh.

You have the fact that you have a large run going for you, because they usually go for that. Otherwise, if they weren't $100+ books he may suggest that you place them online.

Boooo, Booooooo!!!!!!

It's been decided. The whole lot of them will be sold in the late Feb/early March Silver & Bronze Comiclink focused auction. Thanks everyone for the advice! :applause:

This post from detective27kid had a lot to do with my decision...

Ultimately, you want seperation...these are books you obviously collected because you had a desire for the run, and if you sell some here, and some there, etc, you don't get to have a clean slate, that you do by selling them all one shot, and parting ways as "friends"...

rick