• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Showcase 22

14 posts in this topic

always tough going first, but i can't stay away from a Showcase #22.

great cover for a super-key book from early SA. most of the damage is off on the edges and corners so the main image looks pretty sweet. (thumbs u

the sine is a mess, unfortunately, with lots of stuff going on around the staples and multiple book length reading creases. there's that 2inch LRC crease and the 1/4 inch spine split. some other minor creases scatteredaround.

the BC looks quite nice and white except for those two deep creases/tears emanating from the middle of the spine.

i'm thinking 3.0 - 3.5...................

Thanks for the grades (worship) I'm very glad that with all the spine injury that neither of the staples are popped.

Interesting story on this book. I bought it back when I collected heavily in the late 80's. Of course, I still lived at home which allowed me the disposable income, heh. Anyway. My parents moved and boxed up all my books, or what I thought was all of my books. I couldn't find this book for a few years of going through all the boxes and long boxes in their new basement...yes, I hadn't gotten all of them carted over to my house yet. Eventually, I found this book on the bottom of a box shoved way back in the corner which my dad swore couldn't have contained any comics. :grin:

On the down side...I still can't find GL 76-78, 85-89 :cry: There is a box I haven't opened...somewhere...

i wouldn't be surprised if cgc gave it a 3.5, but it's a solid 3.0 in my book. how much was it way back then... $75 or $100?

I actually got Showcase 22 and 24 (which was in similar condition) for the outrageous price of $120 at the Atlanta Fantasy Fair. I really don't know what dealer or what year for that matter, but my guess would be '88, '89 or '90. Like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I sold the 24 to my LCS a year or three later so I could help get caught up on my pull list...

Which of course means that I sold it in order to get some POS holographic die cut fold out movable card shrink wrapped trading card American Comics claimed HOT! garbage issues that are completely worthless and living in a cardboard box now. But...at least I bought em to read and not as a speculator ... (shrug) still, I would rather have the 24 back :(