• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES: RD.7

SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES  

279 members have voted

1. 1. SA ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES

64 posts in this topic

Boy that is tough!

I think realisticly a cut down list of 4 would be more like it. This list above is a who's who of the some the greatest comic book artists ever to grace the medium.

No kidding! It's really down to favorite/not favorite now. Great list!

Colan wasn't too tough to vote down, but I wavered between Kubert and Crandall for the other. Opposites -- Kubert was very evident on DC covers during the Silver Age, but I don't care for his style as much as the other artists. Reed Crandall is top five for me in ability and style, but was a less obvious contributor during the Silver Age, working mostly for Dell/Gold Key, Treasure Chest, Warren magazines, Tower, etc. -- titles I rarely read. In the end I went with Kubert *CHOKE* but will be back for Crandall next round. (More likely Crandall will be gone and I'll vote Kubert and lord-knows-who next round.)

Jack

Andru and Colan. The two weakest left, imho, although i think Andru is terribly underrated. Crandall and Swan are next.

cannot believe Anderson has votes. :screwy: but there you go

Who are the individual_without_enough_empathys who keep voting for Neal Adams? rantrant

i suppose these are some folks who don't include Neal among their "favorite" Silver Age Artists.................... (shrug)

it's hard to argue over someone else's personal tastes............

Who are the individual_without_enough_empathys who keep voting for Neal Adams? rantrant

i suppose these are some folks who don't include Neal among their "favorite" Silver Age Artists.................... (shrug)

it's hard to argue over someone else's personal tastes............

I would argue he didn't do enough SA work to last much longer.

Far and away, his best stuff was in the BA.