• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

17 years later...got my GRAIL...SHOWCASE 4

68 posts in this topic

Congratulations, Goonchild. Now break that puppy out of its silly plastic tomb and read it. You're not going to lower its grade. Don't you want to hold it in your hand, flip through the pages, and read the story that started the Silver Age???

I hope Forumites will indulge me as I make a separate thread devoted to this acquisition which arrived this morning.

I've been trying to get a SHOWCASE 4 since 1990.

Apart from the fact they are harder to find than a condom in the Vatican, or a German with a sense of humour, they're so damn expensive...even in the lowest of Grades.

This copy has the obvious tear missing from the front cover which plummets the book down in grade..also a little staining in the bottom left, and top right on the rear. Apart from this it presents very very well for the grade, and looks awesome in hand.The Book still has rich vibrant colours.

The main question for me before I purchased was, 'Can I live with the tear?'

The answer was and is yes. What swung it was that the tear does not cut into the title of the book or the numbering.

I am so glad I went for it. :cloud9:

Showcasefront.jpg

To quote Kathy Griffin - What a Box!

Just kidding - NICE BOOK, and a TRUE GRAIL! I'd take my grail (pep 22) in that grade ALL DAY!

Congratulations, Goonchild. Now break that puppy out of its silly plastic tomb and read it. You're not going to lower its grade. Don't you want to hold it in your hand, flip through the pages, and read the story that started the Silver Age???

I agree wholeheartedly! Take that one with your on your next bathroom break!

Welcome to the club headed by esquire with his 9.2 entry.

You mean the $125k book?

Goon, when you are ready for an upgrade, call me! :gossip: I'll give you the deal of your life. ;)

Showcase4.jpg

Man, that Flash guy looks cool there. Almost makes you want to cut that image out and tape him to your bedroom wall :)

lol

I don't need to do this thankfully, as I read all the Showcase Flash stuff about 8 years ago in the DC Archives. (thumbs u

You mean the $125k book?

Goon, when you are ready for an upgrade, call me! :gossip: I'll give you the deal of your life. ;)

Showcase4.jpg

Thanks Mark.

I'll hold you to that should I either win the Lotto or my Premium Bonds come up.

Awesome book.

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS on obtaining your grail. Good for you! I'd be happy w/ that copy, and I'd leave it just the way it is.

Gotta be a good feeling to own one of those. I'd love to own one, and hopefully I will someday.

You mean the $125k book?

Showcase4.jpg

:o HOLY SCHNIKEYS!!!!

Uhhh, Zaid, where exactly is your home located in the DC metro area? we're still on for after Thanksgiving dinner drinks, at your pad, correct? :devil: