• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wondercon 2008

107 posts in this topic

Is Wondercon a good show to buy SA and BA books at, or would the spring NY Con be better?

I'd say they're on a par. Generally the West Coast dealers don't travel to the NYC show and you won't see dealers like Bob and Ted setting up at WonderCon. So it's pretty even....

Ted has done Wondercon a few times, I bought a Batman 91 from him a while back, but not recently.

Is Rich coming to Wondercon as a dealer again?! That is great. My wife and my tradition was to always buy something from Rich at wondercon (pre - son days) so it would be great returning to that tradition.

Hey, first time in years Mr. Bedrock is setting up. Very cool.

I won't be set up (just wandering around aimlessly), but I will be there for the whole weekend and I will be bringing some stuff with me. If anyone wants me to bring anything specific, just let me know.

I won't be set up (just wandering around aimlessly), but I will be there for the whole weekend and I will be bringing some stuff with me. If anyone wants me to bring anything specific, just let me know.

:applause:

I will be sure to pack my clapping hands. :applause:

doh!

doh!

I wouldn't mind seeing a few more of those high grade early Jumbos :cloud9:

doh!

Stay focused, dude.

doh!

Stay focused, dude.

:sorry:

I mean for your enjoyment of course! :grin:

doh!

Stay focused, dude.

:sorry:

I mean for your enjoyment of course! :grin:

(thumbs u

Table placements are out. Lots of people (back issue comics-wise) are in the same spot as last year. CW is in the spot we had last year (when we got bumped out of our corner table slot). This year we have our corner booth again (and facing the direction I prefer) although on the periphery. not sure it helps for us to be close to Heritage and Neat Stuff or not.

Seems to be all the same names as last year with the exception that Nostalgia Zone will be there this year and Graham Crackers won't.

This year we have our corner booth again (and facing the direction I prefer) although on the periphery. not sure it helps for us to be close to Heritage and Neat Stuff or not.

Most people are not in the market for a Batman 1 or a semi-trailer full of comics, so I think you may be safe.

My point is really they aren't really selling old comics at the show. It's hard to know what mix is optimal. You want some old comics in your aisle so you'll have a popular aisle but not too much competition either.

Last year we had the deadest aisle ever--people asked me after the show if I even set-up! There were tons of people I knew who attended that I never even saw. Corner booth has got to be better in that regard.

My point is really they aren't really selling old comics at the show. It's hard to know what mix is optimal. You want some old comics in your aisle so you'll have a popular aisle but not too much competition either.

Last year we had the deadest aisle ever--people asked me after the show if I even set-up! There were tons of people I knew who attended that I never even saw. Corner booth has got to be better in that regard.

Your booth last year was a bit small. I've seen bigger bathroom stalls.

I'll be shopping for some DC war. Bring a few of those.