• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maybe a future friendlier way to read our comicbooks

125 posts in this topic

The form factor for reading a "book" per se isn't the same, or rather, isn't appropriate for a small screen.

This application probably won't be merged to a cell phone/PDA device unless a radical shift takes place regarding how we "read".

As long as magazines/physical newspapers/paper comic books stick around, we're going to need something that's large enough to sustain readability across all age levels.

(at least paperback size or graphic novel size /8.5 x 11 including margins.) 7x10 or 6x8 might be the lower size.

I'll be sure to tell my hand held game system that.

Which POS stone-age one is that? The PSP is multi-function and even my Nintendo DS can surf the Net. lol

lol

Please...I'm sure you use your Nintendo DS to surf the net all the time.

The Kindle includes free wireless access and also has email capabilities. There you go, Joe...multi-function.

Hey, I'm still waiting to hear about this "new one-use handheld game system" you own - does it play PONG or include the words "pocket" and "pool"?

And I'm still waiting for you to show us the "one-use brick" you keep referring to.

I'm also still wondering if this is all just going to be one of your five year long jokes like the "impending comic market crash". That one was a hoot. After 5 years of listing to your wothless rants, I must have laughed for seconds after you revealed the punchline...that the thousands of posts you made on the subject for years was all just an elaborate hoax.

The Kindle includes free wireless access and also has email capabilities.

Nope, you can email documents or books for viewing on the Kindle, but that is simply a delivery method for content, and the Kindle features no real email functionality.

And wireless access to books is an inherent feature of the device - the ability to wirelessly purchase and deliver content, that's why it called the Kindle WIRELESS Reading Device.

Wow, I hope you do a bit more research before buying one of these.

And I'm still waiting for you to show us the "one-use brick" you keep referring to.

The Kindle is a single-use device, even Amazon admits this - why can't you?

Three years ago, we set out to design and build an entirely new class of device—a convenient, portable reading device with the ability to wirelessly download books, blogs, magazines, and newspapers. The result is Amazon Kindle.

That's all it does. It can't send or compose email, it can't browse the Internet, it can't take pictures, it can't play music or movies.

[Wow, I hope you do a bit more research before buying one of these.

Exactly. As stated on the website, you can email your Word documents and pictures to it for easy on-the-go viewing. It also includes free wireless access to Wikipedia.org. Seems like a multi-function device. And...unlike other devices...it has no monthly service charges. You only pay for any books you decide to purchase and download.

By the way...speaking of doing a bit of research...where did you research the low-rez and grainy text on it that you referred to earlier in this thread? You're never wrong (in your own mind, at least)...so please...enlighten us.

that the thousands of posts you made on the subject for years was all just an elaborate hoax.

Hardly a hoax, but I do admit that getting nerds all riled up is incredibly satisfying. lol

So...you admit that you were wrong all those years.

Interesting. hm

Exactly. As stated on the website, you can email your Word documents and pictures to it for easy on-the-go viewing. It also includes free wireless access to Wikipedia.org. Seems like a multi-function device.

Nope, and you seem to have trouble with basic English.

The Kindle is a wireless portable reading device with the ability to download books, blogs, magazines, and newspapers.

That's ALL it does. Wirelessly download and display. It doesn't matter if it through an online store or email, it's still a WIRELESS DOWNLOAD. Nothing about its functionality changes.

How can this be so hard for you to grasp? lol