• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maybe a future friendlier way to read our comicbooks

125 posts in this topic

WOW! some KINDLES ending for over a 1000 dollars on EBAY.! that $399 was a good investment

Looks like JC was right and nobody wants them.

lol

Save the baiting til he gets back. :gossip:

Five years from now when you're shown to be wrong yet again

lollollol

Anyone who thinks this one-use Kindle stupidity will be around in 5 years is too dumb to live.

In five years, we'll all probably be carrying around one device that does everything - PC, cell, media, MP3, PDA, news, internet, etc.

But you have fun with your Kindle. lol

2 years down and ticking. Might not make it to 5, but what first generation technology does? I'm glad I'm not using my 1st gen Tivo from '99, but I wouldn't be without my 3rd gen.

How's that Kindle crash working out JC? Bout as good as the comic crash?

lollollol

Anyone who thinks this one-use Kindle stupidity will be around in 5 years is too dumb to live.

In five years, we'll all probably be carrying around one device that does everything - PC, cell, media, MP3, PDA, news, internet, etc.

2 years down and ticking. Might not make it to 5, but what first generation technology does? I'm glad I'm not using my 1st gen Tivo from '99, but I wouldn't be without my 3rd gen.

How's that Kindle crash working out JC? Bout as good as the comic crash?

I was going to post this link in its own thread but this seems appropiate.

Amazon e-book sales overtake print for first time

The Kindle has too many buttons and not enough screen for my taste, but I couldn't afford a 19" screen Kindle if they made one so I guess it doesn't matter. I do like e-paper better than LCD screens.

I am waiting for the Apple I-Tablet for my comics anyways.

Apple tablet may spell doom for Kindle 2 & Barnes & Noble Nook

lollollol

Might not be 5 years yet, but 3 years out and Amazon is on track to sell 8 million Kindles in 2010. And that's after the Ipad was introduced.

Still waiting on JC's Kindle crash.

Only a matter of time until they make a collapsible or rollable/foldable oled version of these that will fit in our pocket :)
I was just flipping through the magazine section of the grocery store minutes ago and on the cover of one of the three Apple magazines they carry was a feature on exactly this.

lollollol

Might not be 5 years yet, but 3 years out and Amazon is on track to sell 8 million Kindles in 2010. And that's after the Ipad was introduced.

Still waiting on JC's Kindle crash.

Thanks for posting this.

:baiting:

You're welcome. I had no idea I had done almost the same bump to shame JC nearly a year ago to the day. I guess the sales estimates get released at the same time. I keep waiting for JC to chime in and say that he was "just kidding" about this like he was about the comic market crash.

The form factor for reading a "book" per se isn't the same, or rather, isn't appropriate for a small screen.

This application probably won't be merged to a cell phone/PDA device unless a radical shift takes place regarding how we "read".

As long as magazines/physical newspapers/paper comic books stick around, we're going to need something that's large enough to sustain readability across all age levels.

(at least paperback size or graphic novel size /8.5 x 11 including margins.) 7x10 or 6x8 might be the lower size.

This guy seems to make a good point. :eyeroll:

Sent from my iPad

The form factor for reading a "book" per se isn't the same, or rather, isn't appropriate for a small screen.

This application probably won't be merged to a cell phone/PDA device unless a radical shift takes place regarding how we "read".

As long as magazines/physical newspapers/paper comic books stick around, we're going to need something that's large enough to sustain readability across all age levels.

(at least paperback size or graphic novel size /8.5 x 11 including margins.) 7x10 or 6x8 might be the lower size.

This guy seems to make a good point. :eyeroll:

Sent from my iPad

You were close on the screen size. I'm just waiting for JC to justify how he wasn't really saying that the Kindle would never succeed.

I'm just waiting for JC to justify how he wasn't really saying that the Kindle would never succeed.

That's kinda like trying to convince Galactus to not eat your planet. It's possible but you have to be someone like Reed Richards to pull it off.

You got it Pontiac!

Every so often some company starts an ill-advised foray into "digital book readers", and then later, when they figure out that no one wants to pay for a single-use brick, hastily pack up their bags and orphan the hardware.

It's unfortunate, as these bozos have no idea, and are simply selling what they *think* people want, rather than discovering what they *will* buy.

It's too bad for Amazon that the Kindle didn't work out for them.

lol lol lol lol lol

It's too bad for Amazon that the Kindle didn't work out for them.

I hardly think the one-trick-pony Kindle is viewed as successful as the emerging, and increasingly hot, Table market today, which was the entire point of my statement.

Multi-use will *always* beat single-use when it comes to "smart" devices in 2011-on. Bring this thread back up in 5 years and we'lll see if more Kindles have been sold than Tablets - (the iPad has already outsold Kindle over its lifespan, but Kindle had a big headstart)

I hardly think the one-trick-pony Kindle is viewed as successful as the emerging, and increasingly hot, Table market today, which was the entire point of my statement.

Sure it was. lol lol lol

It goes far beyond that, as marketing a $400 one-trick-pony is the digital age is beyond stupidity. The digital market is moving towards convergence, and one-use hardware is quickly being relegated to the scrap heap.

Older people like physical books and will continue to buy them, while younger consumers want to get everything via their cell phone or iPOD.

Who does that leave? Who on here is going to buy one?

lol