• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My God, It's full of stars! (Poll)

How do you apply stars?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. How do you apply stars?

24 posts in this topic

I noticed someone ran down the list and gave one star to all the "unstarred" threads....ya hoser! 893naughty-thumb.gif It seems that usually the first rating is a one or a five, which makes me wonder if anyone even gives out 2, 3, or 4 stars??

I don't think anyone should care too much about a star count. The criteria for giving out stars was never established and the system in itself is too fickle. It's just become a popularity contest at the mercy of peoples whims and fancys. The stars don't evaluate something useful (such as one's comic knowlege etc.) and there is no way to change your star rating.

My two cents,

DAM

How about an addition to the list:

Star ratingsNever given a Star in my life, Not even a 1,2,3,4, or 5!

Wish I could...but Polls can't be edited! What would be useful would be my poll, adding your option, but qualifying it by excluding hammer-related ratings (to y fro)... wink.gif

I noticed someone ran down the list and gave one star to all the "unstarred" threads....ya hoser! !

I honestly think you ought to calm down, take a stress pill and think things over.

I'm sorry pov, I'm afraid I can't do that. tongue.gif

Slow day at the office...what can I say?? confused-smiley-013.gif

err - you DO know I was quoting from the film, right? hi.gif

Nope...but it can only be attributable to human error.

wink.gif

I noticed someone ran down the list and gave one star to all the "unstarred" threads....ya hoser! !

I honestly think you ought to calm down, take a stress pill and think things over.

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.

I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.

This sort of thing has cropped up before....and it has always

been due to human error

I'm not the kind of guy who dropps a one-star on someone to punish them. I tend to do the other: I'll be struck by a particularly helpful, clever, or funny post and rate them 3, 4, or 5.

Meanwhile, I'm thrilled to have three, but OTOH it tends to act like a muzzle for me too--I watch my mouth a lot more than I would normally in anticipation of seeing myself ever drop.