• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,135 posts in this topic

How much for the "Conan #7: The Warrrior" Kimik?

Don't know if I am willing to part with it yet......a bunch of my Conans and Adams Batbooks are the only things that survive from my first two collection liquidations.

Just got my hands on one of these:

conanlp.jpg

Back:

conanlpbk.jpg

I pinched those scans from another site as my scanner isn't that big.

It was published by Moondance Productions in 1975. 1500 numbered copies for the first run, and a second print of 1000 copies. I assume mine is the second print as it has no visible number.

Side one is 'The Tower of the Elephant', side two 'The Frost Giant's Daughter'. I'd love to listen to them but A) I don't have a record player! and B) I'm reluctant to break the factory seal. Don't suppose anyone's got an mp3...?

So its someone reading the story ........like books on tapes? I have never seen these before, I may try and trck one down, I still have a working turn table.

I suppose so, but more of a 'dramatization' than a reading. There's a credited cast of players, and musical accompaniment.

Am eager to hear it myself. I'll report back if I find an mp3 or whatever online.

conanlp.jpg

Back:

conanlpbk.jpg

It was published by Moondance Productions in 1975. 1500 numbered copies for the first run, and a second print of 1000 copies. I assume mine is the second print as it has no visible number.

Side one is 'The Tower of the Elephant', side two 'The Frost Giant's Daughter'. I'd love to listen to them but A) I don't have a record player! and B) I'm reluctant to break the factory seal. Don't suppose anyone's got an mp3...?

Wow that is very cool! :applause: I didn't even know this existed. Let us know how it is if you ever decide to play it. (thumbs u

And just to keep this thread going a little longer, here is my first Gnome Conan that I picked up a few weeks ago (gotta love the Greco-Roman look :insane:).

GnomeTalesConansm.jpg

conanlp.jpg

Back:

conanlpbk.jpg

Wow that is very cool! :applause: I didn't even know this existed. Let us know how it is if you ever decide to play it. (thumbs u

And just to keep this thread going a little longer, here is my first Gnome Conan that I picked up a few weeks ago (gotta love the Greco-Roman look :insane:).

GnomeTalesConansm.jpg

I wonder how many of these cover artists (including on the pulps) even read one of the stories. Every single story takes great pains in describing what Conan looks like.

I picked one up back in '75 when they came out and still have it. The records in good shape, but unfortuneatly I banged up the cover in one corner years ago. Over the years, I must have listened to it, wow...at least twice. :)

I love Conan. It's one of the few books I have pulled for me every month, and I've got complete runs of the original Marvel series and SSOC.

The reason you don't see much talk on here about Conan is that it's just not that collectible. The first 24 issues of the Marvel run are the best, but they're so plentiful in HG and not really worth all that much.

Members on this board are only interested in books that are tougher to find in high grades, or books/runs that cost huge wads of cash to obtain(go spidey go!). Conan, while a great title, is none of these things.

GnomeTalesConansm.jpg

I see what you mean, looks more like Jason and the Argonauts!

Reading this thread has got me on the lookout for these books now too, which is good because I was running out of stuff to spend money on doh!