• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,136 posts in this topic

was the fanzine put out circa 1945 as per the date for the art on the cover or am I misreading it or is the art earlier than the mag? from the style of the art I would have assumed 1960's at the earliest...seriously, we almost see boobage going on there..and the long hair on the guy (actually, it looks like B&W indie art from the 80's)? scandalous!

interesting how 2 of the stories are written by genune medical doctors.

Welcome to the boards!

[/img] is what you want. Cut & paste from photobucket between the ][

Under you scanned image in photobucket will be four links or so from which to choose. Don't cut & paste the html link but rather the "Direct Link"

Now hurry up and get it right!! Lets see your Conan stuff!!

was the fanzine put out circa 1945 as per the date for the art on the cover or am I misreading it or is the art earlier than the mag? from the style of the art I would have assumed 1960's at the earliest...seriously, we almost see boobage going on there..and the long hair on the guy (actually, it looks like B&W indie art from the 80's)? scandalous!

No, it's really from 1945. :) If you think about it though it's not much more risque than some of the Brundage Weird Tales covers and this was put out by and circulated among fans of those earlier pulps.

Jeff

No, it's really from 1945. :) If you think about it though it's not much more risque than some of the Brundage Weird Tales covers and this was put out by and circulated among fans of those earlier pulps.

Jeff

Of Human Brundage (with apologies to Somerset Maughan) :cloud9:

Talk about scandalous art! Her phantom daughter(s) no less!!

Congrats hellblazer! I'm also working on 1-24 (slabs) and only have 6 of the 24 issues so far. I'm working on a single grade for all the slabs and have only been looking for the past month or two so I don't expect to finish anytime soon. I also picked up the Essential Conan on ebay which gave me a chance to read the stories and really sparked my interest in doing a run of these issues.

It is kind of fun checking ebay and a few favorite online dealers (as well as the forum here) to see if any new copies in my grade show up. Kind of sick maybe, but fun. :insane:

hey, there is more to conan than 1 - 24! though i wouldn't bother enslabulating the rest.

Oh sure, the long game is 1-275. I'm focussing on completing the 1-24 first though. Then I want a high grade slabbed run of 1-24 as well as my raws :insane:

Just won this one on ebay:

e22d_1.JPG

Can't tell the grade, but it looks like it'll be good enough for the price! I'm not being toooo fussy about my raws.

Been a Huge Conan fan forever I have read nearly every book ever written on the character, and Like a lot of others it is the first run I completed.

I have a couple Of Buscema signed SSOC splash pages as well.

Here is my latest Conan Aquisition, Bound volumes Conan the Barbarian 1 thru 75

Iallready had these issues in single but these looked soooooo, cool!!!!!!!

Photo_030408_001.jpg

Photo_030408_004.jpg