• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,136 posts in this topic

Conan 1-25 is one of my summer projects. I'm curious to see what the stories are like, but it's the cover art that has really appealed to me all the time. None collected yet, but rest assured that Conan is not a completely forgotten title with collectors under 30. ;)

What type of Conan stuff are fellow boardies looking for? I met a local Conan collector today who is sending me a list of his comics and books (HC and SC), but he said he has a ton of movie related memorabilia as well. PM if there is anything in particular that you are looking for. My interest is only in the comics and books, if the price is right!

Any & all books (HC or SC) ---- or pulps ---- by Robert E. Howard (not just Conan stuff), including but not limited to those published in Weird Tales & by Arkham House, Gnome, Grant, Ace, Lancer, Globe, Prestige, & Berkley.

Here is the first batch of books that I picked up from the collection today:

ComingofConan.jpg

ConantheBarbarian.jpg

SwordofConan.jpg

KingConan.jpg

ConantheConqueror.jpg

TalesofConan.jpg

ReturnofConan.jpg

I am going to check out the comics later this week/next week, as well as his paperbacks.

Been a Huge Conan fan forever I have read nearly every book ever written on the character, and Like a lot of others it is the first run I completed.

I have a couple Of Buscema signed SSOC splash pages as well.

Here is my latest Conan Aquisition, Bound volumes Conan the Barbarian 1 thru 75

Iallready had these issues in single but these looked soooooo, cool!!!!!!!

Photo_030408_001.jpg

Photo_030408_004.jpg

I would think $300 for the first volume would be a decent deal, but for all 3 volumes...That's Awesome!!! What a great addition to a collection! (thumbs u

No, he is not popular. I think there is nothing worse than to have a character or run of books have a meteoric rise in popularity and then a fall off. Conan is like Dungeons and Dragons. There are a few hard core fans but the buzz is non existant even to the point where you can't make fun anymore. Lots of folks selling collections wholesale and lots of high grade copies since speculators bought them in bulk back in the 70's.

I probably posted in disagreement the first time, but I don't think there's much dispute that the BWS issues are sought after as are 1-24 or whatever in general. Whether they bring guide prices is another story, but I'll guess that slabbed 9.4-9.8 copies do pretty well. Plus the early Savage Swords and Savage Tales.

There may be a lot of the BWS stuff, sure, but heck, there are a lot of Byrne X-Men too!

Quantity keeps a lid on the Buscema run taking off, but yeah, it's easy to acquire these cheap. Though I have to assume that 9.8s bring some nice scratch and even some 9.6ses, no?

Congrats kimik :applause::banana:

Keep us updated on the rest of the collection :wishluck:

(glad I could help you a little along the way too :angel: )

Thanks for your advice on these. I will probably pick up everything else he has left and post the multiples for sale/trade here on the boards first.

You can have first pick of the lot. (thumbs u

What type of Conan stuff are fellow boardies looking for? I met a local Conan collector today who is sending me a list of his comics and books (HC and SC), but he said he has a ton of movie related memorabilia as well. PM if there is anything in particular that you are looking for. My interest is only in the comics and books, if the price is right!

I'm collecting Conan 1-26. All have to be CGC 9.6 with White Pages and the best centering I can get. I've got most of them, but #12 seems to be a tough one to get for some reason. Oh and #8 too.

Edited by musicmeta

HOLY COW............I will have to list my extra one. These seem to be selling for decent money over the past 6 months. Some are selling below $100 but some are reaching crazy money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Conan-The-Frost-Giants-Daughter-by-Kurt-Busiek2005-HC_W0QQitemZ300211873356QQihZ020QQcategoryZ377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HOLY COW............I will have to list my extra one. These seem to be selling for decent money over the past 6 months. Some are selling below $100 but some are reaching crazy money.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Conan-The-Frost-Giants-Daughter-by-Kurt-Busiek2005-HC_W0QQitemZ300211873356QQihZ020QQcategoryZ377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting..............I might have to look at selling my copy now. If I recall, there are a couple of stores that still might have them in town.

Interesting..............I might have to look at selling my copy now. If I recall, there are a couple of stores that still might have them in town.

I didn't even know this Limited HC product existed, let alone the present demand for it.