• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan Comics
10 10

1,136 posts in this topic

Just in today's mail. Outside of some Weird Tales pulps, this is the most sought after REH book.

img817-1.jpg

Wow, that's pretty trippy! :applause:

Awesome!!!! I need to start hunting Pulps!!

Been a Huge Conan fan forever I have read nearly every book ever written on the character, and Like a lot of others it is the first run I completed.

I have a couple Of Buscema signed SSOC splash pages as well.

Here is my latest Conan Aquisition, Bound volumes Conan the Barbarian 1 thru 75

Iallready had these issues in single but these looked soooooo, cool!!!!!!!

Photo_030408_001.jpg

Photo_030408_004.jpg

Great pickup! I'm on the verge of getting some comics bound myself.

----------------------------------------------

Well, as you no doubt know, if you're ever contemplating selling them, that's a great way to throw money away if you're talking about expensive stuff.

OTOH, a bound volume of Sandman or Preacher or the 1980s swamp thing might be the opposite though. the books themselves aren't expensive to acquire and binding them up in a cool looking volume would be cool for a fan.

But buying the bound volumes is fun. they're way cheaper than buying them individually and they're the originals, albeit usually trimmed and otherwise altered. i have some GA ones with perfectly crisp glossy covers and white pages, gorgeous.

Edited by the blob

----------------------------------------------

Well, as you no doubt know, if you're ever contemplating selling them, that's a great way to throw money away if you're talking about expensive stuff.

OTOH, a bound volume of Sandman or Preacher or the 1980s swamp thing might be the opposite though. the books themselves aren't expensive to acquire and binding them up in a cool looking volume would be cool for a fan.

But buying the bound volumes is fun. they're way cheaper than buying them individually and they're the originals, albeit usually trimmed and otherwise altered. i have some GA ones with perfectly crisp glossy covers and white pages, gorgeous.

I paid 300.00 and change for the set, and I was quite pleased to get them at that price. Some might say I overpaid, But I have been known to do that on occasion for something I really want. The binding work is Beutifull, it is not a recent binding these were done in the 70s. They have held up phenominally and the issues used were in great condition.

True, they trim and alter the books in the Binding process, But I have no intention of selling these.

As collectors we all have such varied sensebilitys, some see ruined individual comics, I see beutifully preserved comics that will look great on my book shelf! (thumbs u

i would have paid 3 bills for those all day long.

Thanks I apreciate the comment!

The seller was really irritated at the final auction amount, But he set his reserve pretty low! Then he took forever to ship! I really think he hated to let them go.

Been a Huge Conan fan forever I have read nearly every book ever written on the character, and Like a lot of others it is the first run I completed.

I have a couple Of Buscema signed SSOC splash pages as well.

Here is my latest Conan Aquisition, Bound volumes Conan the Barbarian 1 thru 75

Iallready had these issues in single but these looked soooooo, cool!!!!!!!

Photo_030408_001.jpg

Photo_030408_004.jpg

Very cool BV's 'zilla!

Wait 'til I post my Dave Sim OA painted cover to Amazing Heroes of Cerebus in full-on drunken Conan garb! The latest addition to my Barbarianism.

Just in today's mail. Outside of some Weird Tales pulps, this is the most sought after REH book.

img817-1.jpg

Nice!

There is an old collector here in town that had most of the old Arkham House hardcovers signed by August Derleth. One of the small time dealers in town sells the books for him. The story he gave me is that this gentleman started collecting comics, pulps, and sci-fi/fantasy books in the late 40s and kept his collection going into the 60s. Unfortunately, he sold off his GA and SA comic collection during the late 60s and early 70s as he felt the prices had peaked! doh!

He still has some of the HC books left (although some have been sold to dealers in the US or in auctions), including a few Arkham House books that he and a friend took a road trip to get signed by Derleth. I have been trying to get my hands on them for a few years now but he is not parting with them yet (I have had to settle for his non-Conan Grants, first edition sci-fi paperbacks, and some unread 50s sci-fi pulps/digests/ for now).

For those of you who don't make it over to the OA Forum, I just picked up the original cover artwork to Savage Sword of Conan #86 by Earl Norem. Enjoy!

Outstanding! What a nice piece. (worship)

Geez it appears that damsel in distress in screwed no matter what Conan does. Holding her over a spiked pit of fire, this is one piece you do not feel for the monster, or for Conan, but the poor woman caught in the grips.

Wait 'til I post my Dave Sim OA painted cover to Amazing Heroes of Cerebus in full-on drunken Conan garb! The latest addition to my Barbarianism.

:o(worship):headbang:

Still waiting for my delivery. Patience TUPENNY, patience... :frustrated: