• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Liefeld Ownage

48 posts in this topic

My whole office is cracking up right now thanks to this page! Pure gold!

Awesome website... especially the snark commentary. (thumbs u

Speaking of Liefieldism though.. what's going on with your avatar and the shadow by her nose? :baiting:

Speaking of Liefieldism though.. what's going on with your avatar and the shadow by her nose? :baiting:

It's a bit distorted, but if you look at the full image (I don't have a link atm), it's not so glaring.

and just think, awe4one's shot of the Enchantress with the thirty foot calves wasn't even included...

Just for you . . . lol

enchant.jpg

She's an Enchantaraffe!

Is it just me, and NO, i'm no RL fan at all....BUT

is it just me, or does it seem a tad silly to make fun of a multi-millionaire?

kinda starts to sound/read like a lot of haters, and envious people...no?

I don't think anyone cares about how much money he has.... Just how much artistic talent he has.

Clearly, if he wanted to, Liefeld could study anatomy and perspective and become a much better artist. He can draw the "texture" and he can draw an "exciting" splash shot, but he doesn't seem to want to put the effort into becoming a complete artist. (shrug)

I don't think anyone cares about how much money he has.... Just how much artistic talent he has.

Clearly, if he wanted to, Liefeld could study anatomy and perspective and become a much better artist. He can draw the "texture" and he can draw an "exciting" splash shot, but he doesn't seem to want to put the effort into becoming a complete artist. (shrug)

But...so what? I do not intend to be crass, just simply offer up the idea that a man can do what a man wishes to do, no? Todd Mcfarlane was a popluar artist, I personally found him to be VERY similar in talent, and knowledge of anatomy, and its proper structure (shrug)

Add to that, TM simply up and LEFT the business, and all his adoring fans, at the comics store, and has never gone back. He happen to start what became a HUGE toy company, and no longer felt the need/interest to draw comic books further. I thought personally that was a selfish, and poor decision, but it WAS his to make.

RL obviously feels his artistic craft is good enough, regardless of maniacal 'fanboy' hatred. Also, its obvious that his art SELLS and has sold in the past, hence it does seem to me to be sour grapes, and a bit of personal disdain for the guy. My $$$ point was...he's made MILLIONS in this industry to date, and making fun of ANYONE who has attained such a lofty financial status in a given endeavor seems quite trite, imo.... hm

I don't think that's Awesome's website....... :gossip:

lol

But...so what? I do not intend to be crass, just simply offer up the idea that a man can do what a man wishes to do, no? Todd Mcfarlane was a popluar artist, I personally found him to be VERY similar in talent, and knowledge of anatomy, and its proper structure (shrug)

Add to that, TM simply up and LEFT the business, and all his adoring fans, at the comics store, and has never gone back. He happen to start what became a HUGE toy company, and no longer felt the need/interest to draw comic books further. I thought personally that was a selfish, and poor decision, but it WAS his to make.

RL obviously feels his artistic craft is good enough, regardless of maniacal 'fanboy' hatred. Also, its obvious that his art SELLS and has sold in the past, hence it does seem to me to be sour grapes, and a bit of personal disdain for the guy. My $$$ point was...he's made MILLIONS in this industry to date, and making fun of ANYONE who has attained such a lofty financial status in a given endeavor seems quite trite, imo.... hm

does making millions make one immune to criticism in your world?

or is criticism itself an automatic indicator of "sour grapes," even though you've completely managed to bungle the way the term is supposed to be used?

just asking. hm

Screw that. It has nothing to do with hate/envy, it is some dang funny commentary. It would be in worse taste NOT to comment that some of those drawn guys are nearly 18 heads high(more than just slightly out of porportion, should be in the 6:1 range).

Should we not find humor in multi-millionares in general?

Who is fair game, the poor & wretched?

hm