• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Somewhat OT - Saturday Morning Show of the 70's!

83 posts in this topic

One of the few kids shows I remember from the 70s is The Magic Garden. Two hippie chics sitting on a swing and telling stories, singing songs. And of course, Zoom.

magic_garden.jpg

Oh man, does that bring back memories!!!! I haven't thought of that show for years! As a little kid I had a crush on the woman on the right. They are probably 60 and grandmothers' now!!! doh!

Do a you tube search?

R.

Yeah, but the only thing that comes close is a show called the Kids from C.A.P.E.R. It has a lot of similarities, but a lot of differences, too.

I also found a show called the "Red Hand Gang." I may have transmogrified these two shows into one in my hazy memory. Thanks for the help guys.

PS: The Sleestak in Land of the Lost used to scare me so bad that I would hide (but keep watching) from them when they came on screen. I'm really glad my parents didn't decide to drown me. :insane:

Help and good natured insults appreciated.

No idea I'm afraid. :( However back then I had no interest in any of the live action kid shows.

what? you didn't like H.R.Pufnstuf or the The Bugaloos :baiting:

Nope. I was watching Superfriends and Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, and Hanna Barbera stuff. :cloud9:

One of the few kids shows I remember from the 70s is The Magic Garden. Two hippie chics sitting on a swing and telling stories, singing songs. And of course, Zoom.

magic_garden.jpg

Oh man, does that bring back memories!!!! I haven't thought of that show for years! As a little kid I had a crush on the woman on the right. They are probably 60 and grandmothers' now!!! doh!

I hadn't thought about Carole and Paula for ages either until this thread came up.

They do have a web site of course, www.caroleandpaula.com

321_capcolorsmall.gif

magic_garden.jpg

Now look what you did, you actually made me look it up!!

THEN: 266_capbw.jpg

NOW: 321_capcolorsmall.gif

Official Website

Theme song:

This is the garden of make-believe,

A magical garden of make-believe,

Where flowers chuckle and birds play tricks,

And a magic tree grows lollipop sticks!

Here in the garden what we say and do,

We'd like you to join us and do it too.

Can you crow like a rooster (-a-doodle-doo!)

And clap your hand and stamp your shoe?

It's a funny place but it's surely true

That we'd like to share it all with you!

If you sing for me (La la la la la la!), I'll sing for you (Loo loo loo loo loo loo!)

If you cry for me (Boo hoo hoo hoo!), I'll cry for you (Boo hoo hoo hoo!)

If you scream for me (Aaaahhh!), I'll scream for you (Woooooh!).

If you laugh for me (Hee hee hee hee hee hee!), I'll laugh for you (Hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo!)

So come on in without a fuss,

'Cause the magical garden is waiting for us!

It's nice to say hello! (Hello! Hello!)

It's nice to say hello! Hello, and how are you?

It's nice to shake your hand! (Shake hands! Shake hands!)

It's nice to shake your hand, shake hands and how do you do?

I'm fine, me too. We're fine and how are you?

I'm fine (me too!) We're fine, and how are you?

Help and good natured insults appreciated.

No idea I'm afraid. :( However back then I had no interest in any of the live action kid shows.

what? you didn't like H.R.Pufnstuf or the The Bugaloos :baiting:

Or "Land of the Lost"?

Oh yeah, Land of the Lost was one of my favs as a kid. Yes, I even bought the DVD series when they came out. Oh my! Still enjoy them, but now for more humorous reasons. lol

magic_garden.jpg

And admit it...you still have a crush on her. :blush::baiting::grin:

magic_garden.jpg

And admit it...you still have a crush on her. :blush::baiting::grin:

I'd still hit 'em! (shrug)

Did you miss the updated pic? :eek:

321_capcolorsmall.gif

Come on, it's late at night, you've had a few, and these two broads are looking for a third... :juggle: You know you're considering it. :baiting::devil:

I bet it's all dusty in there :eek:

321_capcolorsmall.gif

Come on, it's late at night, you've had a few, and these two broads are looking for a third... :juggle: You know you're considering it. :baiting::devil:

You know you would, too. See e.g. Ben Franklin

http://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/bdorsey1/41docs/51-fra.html

321_capcolorsmall.gif

You know you would, too. See e.g. Ben Franklin

http://www.swarthmore.edu/SocSci/bdorsey1/41docs/51-fra.html

Ha, see, ol' Ben franklin wouldn't steer you wrong!