• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Miller decides that Wonder Woman will be played by.....

36 posts in this topic

she looks like WW. and how hard does she have to act to play WW?

Are we really interested in the whole clay of the gods come to save mans world story that will take up 2/3s of the film? And the emotional impact of that pressure on a young girl learning her powers thing??? I predict a Goddess voiceover at the end when WW must decide how to act (to save S Trevor, or the world) JUST LIKE Jorel to Superman in Superman#1 about turning back time.

I hope they go a different way altogether than the "sent here by the gods" approach. Id like to see WW acting on her own and not as an agent of a larger force. Just a big bad powerful perfect 10 superwoman fighting the good fight.

I dont think thats in the cards though.

I think she looks the part. If she can portray someone of high moral standing with a superiority complex then she will be fine.

I also dont think the movie will have much for character origins, but rather a reason they all come together. In this regard I dont anticipate much character development. This will be done similar to the Xmen movies.

Artboy99

I also dont think the movie will have much for character origins, but rather a reason they all come together. In this regard I dont anticipate much character development. This will be done similar to the Xmen movies.

Exactly. Don`t know why people are going on about acting and origins. The X-Men movies have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can have a billion dollar movie franchise where acting and character development are completely irrelevant.

To paraphrase a former president, "It`s the action, stupid!"

except thats a different production outfit at work... WB keeps giving us Origin Story as a rule for the first franchise installments. I hope they skip it as other movies do successfully. But somehow, until I see it, I wont believe it.

except thats a different production outfit at work... WB keeps giving us Origin Story as a rule for the first franchise installments. I hope they skip it as other movies do successfully. But somehow, until I see it, I wont believe it.

I won't believe it until I actually see the movie make it to the screen...

This is the third actress announced to play WW. I fear this movie will wither away soon enough in pre-production hell...

Jim

Sorry gang. I don't think she's all that. I don't think she is that great looking though she does have the Amazon part down pat. I'm ids-appointed at the choice but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and we'll see how it turns out.

R.

My point was more that fans of comic-based movies are not the most discriminating moviegoers in the world. Plot, acting, character development, good writing, etc. are all irrelevant. As long as there is a lot of pulse-pounding action with great special effects that keeps them entertained for 90 minutes, that`s all that matters.

She looks the part.

I recently saw part of an old 70's episode of WW and still think Linda Carter was amazingly beautiful. Of course, that didn't save the episode from being so freaking bad. lol (It had Debra Winger as Wonder Girl? ) Oy.