• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Miller decides that Wonder Woman will be played by.....

36 posts in this topic

Australian model Megan Gale

Here is the link.

She is unknown in acting circles. Looks the part, has been in a couple of commercials but that's it.

Interestingly, the writer of this piece lets us know that the movie will screen in Oz. Well duh. I think he/she might mean be it will be made here, but I doubt that.

Am now having serious misgivings about Miller's ability to pull this off. Casting just seems so wrong.

My 12c

Australian model Megan Gale

Here is the link.

She is unknown in acting circles. Looks the part, has been in a couple of commercials but that's it.

Interestingly, the writer of this piece lets us know that the movie will screen in Oz. Well duh. I think he/she might mean be it will be made here, but I doubt that.

Am now having serious misgivings about Miller's ability to pull this off. Casting just seems so wrong.

My 12c

I have no idea who she is but I like her :cloud9:

Megan Gale is the Ambassador for the David Jones chain of stores in Australia.

Not sure what David Jones equates to in the USA or UK but it is a large middle class department store.

She is dating Andy Lee, a comedian on one of the major radia stations across Aus.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21087370-662,00.html

From seeing her on several TV/radio shows it would appear that she has a good sense of humour & her head out of the clouds.

Megan Gale is the Ambassador for the David Jones chain of stores in Australia.

Not sure what David Jones equates to in the USA or UK but it is a large middle class department store.

She is dating Andy Lee, a comedian on one of the major radia stations across Aus.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21087370-662,00.html

From seeing her on several TV/radio shows it would appear that she has a good sense of humour & her head out of the clouds.

No clue who or what David Jones or Andy Lee is having not yet enjoyed the pleasure of a trip to your great country, but this girl sends my head up into the clouds :cloud9:

No clue who or what David Jones or Andy Lee is having not yet enjoyed the pleasure of a trip to your great country, but this girl sends my head up into the clouds :cloud9:

For David Jones think Nordstroms.

Thats easy enough, one of my wife's favorite places.

I, on the other hand, like to come to the boards to see Miller's Wonder Woman casting!!

BTW, my wife & I once spent a few hours on a train in Italy with one of your compatriots who kept calling The Road Warrior by a name I'd never heard before. I kept saying to him, in typical American fashion, "huh?". The conversation having begun when I told him I considered the movie to be a true classic.

She looks the part to me. :luhv: You better believe they made sure she can act. I think an unknown is always a good choice...less baggage to get in the way. I'm sure she'll have coaches and who knows..acting may be her strong suit, but because of her beauty she needed to go into modeling to pay the bills. I've known a few really good actresses who just could not find work acting and moved over to modeling. The expression "Actors are a dime a dozen" is sad but true.

Not easy to fill the.....um....shoes of the original. :cloud9:

lynda-carter.jpg

DAYUM!!!!!

you tend to forget how farking gorgeous Lynda was in her late 20s' :foryou:

this chick isn't close to that, but oh well, beauty is indeed to the eye of the beholder.

Quick tale, I was skiing in Aspen, Colorado about 7 years ago. At dinner one night, I glance at the table next to ours an low and behold...yep, Wonder Woman in the flesh..and a LOT of it :(

She was pushing around 50+ lbs more than her TV days, and wearing glasses. Wasn't quite the visual image I would have liked to have been left with, but oh well :headbang:

She has since lost a lot of weight, must have been some depressive days for the once sweetarse of a female