• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Blue Label 4.5 Superman # 1 Just up on Ebay.

100 posts in this topic

fwiw, I was curious and wrote the seller today. He promptly replied and mentioned that he bought a scanner today and will be posting updated photos of the book tonight if he can figure it out. He said anyone is free to come inspect the book in person or ask for any assurances they need to feel safe in bidding and passed along his cell #.

I called and we spoke at length about the book and the obvious concerns surrounding an auction of this magnitude. He was very polite and seemed interested in trying to appeal to any requests sent his way. Not to say there are things I am not aware of, or at play here. But it all seemed to be as it appears.

I sent him a link to this thread so who knows he might even come say hello.

Kenny

well if this auction is legit, and the seller comes here to discuss his auction, I will gladly offer him this :foryou: ( not that he will know what it means :gossip: )

Already working on it, rick :)
(thumbs u

I am very interested in this book

Supes #1 or Marvel #1 hm

or can you do a "Bedrock"?

My goal in life is to become a verb....

Bedrock v. - to purchase two items, thus eliminating the purchasing decision.

I thing Gator should "Bedrock" those two golden age funnybooks.

Hi,

Im here and will answer the questions you might have. Ive been reading all the posts here and some are really funny. If i havent worded the auction right it may be because im not a proffesional comic dealer? Hmm.. In any case i gues one of you guys is meeting me on Wednesday for proof of the book. I will also post new pics on Ebay tonight(yes i bought a scanner and to answer one of you guys-why would i own a scanner if i nevr use it? Ill use it for this one book and never again). If i cant post new photos, i will cancell the auction and start a new one so i can. I also told you i can post any pic you wanted meannig if you had asked for me to put a fork next to my camera phone pic i would have, proving i had the book. Also if this doesnt sell at the price i want on ebay you can look for it on Heritage comics next auction(was trying to avoid the buyers premium, but o well). Anyways email me if you have questions.

Hi,

Im here and will answer the questions you might have. Ive been reading all the posts here and some are really funny. If i havent worded the auction right it may be because im not a proffesional comic dealer? Hmm.. In any case i gues one of you guys is meeting me on Wednesday for proof of the book. I will also post new pics on Ebay tonight(yes i bought a scanner and to answer one of you guys-why would i own a scanner if i nevr use it? Ill use it for this one book and never again). If i cant post new photos, i will cancell the auction and start a new one so i can. I also told you i can post any pic you wanted meannig if you had asked for me to put a fork next to my camera phone pic i would have, proving i had the book. Also if this doesnt sell at the price i want on ebay you can look for it on Heritage comics next auction(was trying to avoid the buyers premium, but o well). Anyways email me if you have questions.

(thumbs u

Supes #1 or Marvel #1 hm

or can you do a "Bedrock"?

well, marvel 1 (gulp) is my priority...but, I have a soft spot for supey!

Hi,

Welcome to the boards!

afmon2006....sent you a PM...what is that, you ask :)

when you see the little envolope flashing on the red bar at top of the page just to the right of "my stuff", that means you have a PM (personal message)...just click on that, and respond when you a get a chance

thanks

rick

Hi,

There you go.. The man has spoken.. Beautiful book by the way!! If only I had the $, I'd be bidding on this item and also if my focus is on Superman books.

Hi,

:foryou: :foryou: :foryou: ( these guys can explain )

As I corollary tale - a few Watchmen pages showed up on eBay from one seller - everyone questioned the authenticity - the guy came on the boards - people still questioned the authenticity - and then there was a behind the scenes bidding war - and someone came away with the pages.

It would appear that a similar scenario shall be occuring here...

(thumbs u

Well hop in your private jet and get up there!!

my "private" jet is called Delta lol

Delta sucks... I spent 9 hours at JFK before taking my flight to WW Chicago :(

(thumbs u

Well hop in your private jet and get up there!!

my "private" jet is called Delta lol

Delta sucks... I spent 9 hours at JFK before taking my flight to WW Chicago :(

yeah, but being detained by airport police because you kept on and on about your missing Jessica Alba blow up doll doesnt count!