• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TEC #35 in ComicLink's Jan/Feb Auction

13 posts in this topic

ComicLink has an unrestored Tec #35 cgc 5.0 up for auction and I was wondering what you guys thought this book would go for, after the Tec #31, went for $13145.at Heritage and Steve's Tec #29 cgc 5.0 went for $22100. So, where will this book, Tec #35, sell at? Closer to the high end or closer to the low end? And is this book going to be an indication of where the market is at for pre-Robin Tecs?

http://www.comiclink.com/./auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2008jan29%26pg%3D3%23Item%5F731435&id=731435

That is a beauty of a book ... I love watching the pre-Robin TEC results, although each month they get further and further away from my grasp.

On the other end of the scale, did anyone see how this one ended up?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320189054317&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

A shredded #35, thats been around a few different sites this year, and ended up selling for $1027!! I believe this copy had brittle pages ... and there is something fishy about the photos for this book, particularily the back page photos. Back cover doesn't seem to match correctly either.

And a few weeks ago, that 1.5 w/ brittle pages went for around $2400 I think? WOW! Good time to own/sell a beater copy!

Anyways, I can't imagine the 27 to 37 run slowing down anytime soon! I'll be watching the CLINK auction closely. :popcorn:

the tec 35 is Showcase4's also...I suspect it will be higher than the heritage 31 (that was just an ugly 31...if it looked anything like the 5.0 #29, I would have paid $18K for it!), but lower than the 29 just went for (which was about 10% higher than I thought!).... I won the 35 raw, last year in an ebay auction by metro for 12400, if I remember correctly, and after grading and shipping, owned it at about $13K and was very happy with it at that price...so, it will go higher than that!

rick

It was a conservative estimate :grin:

Didn't the Crippen Tec 35 CGC 5.5 go for $17K+ last summer?

Ryan,

That low grade Tec 35 did have the wrong BC and wrong last page. I emailed the seller, but they did not respond...I think the C-Link Tec 35 CGC 5.0 will go for $15k...

PT

I think and hope your estimate is about $3k -$4 low :gossip: