• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NY Comic Con 2008

268 posts in this topic

I got a booth this time around. Look forward to the show, but the drive will be a biyatch.

Hopefully the caddy will make it...I just put new longhorns on the grill! :insane:

I'll be there.

I have mixed feelings about the move to April. While I think it was essential for the NYCC to move to a warmer weather month, the move to April combined with Wizard's decision to move Chicago to late June makes this the busiest spring for comics conventions we've seen in years (New York, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Detroit, Philadelphia, Charlotte and Chicago). That's seven major conventions in only 10 weeks!.

At least the rest of the year is not so bad.

come on, it needs to be April if they're going to have that huge line outside. in 2006 like what, 20 people died from frostbite? (i'm kidding, but it was insanely cold, i drove by javitz while doing some other stuff and i felt so bad for those people) right off the hudson river is not a good place to hang out in the dead of winter!

I don't want to pay or wait on line. Anyone want to let me have a spare dealer badge for the rest of a day if I help you set up and man your booth for a couple of hours?

I remember the first year when the fire marshall closed it down. I went outside to get a cup of coffee and they wouldnt let me back in. Me and Koop were screaming at them that we were dealers and they still wouldnt let us back in. They have fixed that problem though.

Wuss. You sure you're a New Yorker?

-----------------

I'll be honest, we have grown accustomed to somewhat mild winters here, so when you have some day like that where the windchill makes everything way negative, people just aren't prepared. It really did seem like the winters were more consistently cold and snowier 20-30 years ago. I remember winter meant playing tackle football (no pads) on asphalt with a few inches of packed snow on it by school, now snow hardly hangs around long enough to stick. And no, I'm not trying to talk about global warming or any of that, although perhaps that is the culprit.

New York has become semi-tropical! For example, I could practically smell the Pina Coladas when I was chipping the ice off my car this morning.

I just found out that for Christmas, my wife has a arranged a trip to NY the week of the show for me. Of course that works for her too, because she loves NY and gets to visit NY and go shopping. She will spend more that week than I will.

She already purchased two weekend passes for the both of us to the show, but if there are any board members that have extra dealer's passes for sale, or maybe can help us avoid the line some how, send me a PM. I don't want to waste to much prime comic shopping time standing in line with a 250 pound Batman and Slave Leia.

I'm looking forward to meeting forum members from the Northeast in person.

... Anyone want to let me have a spare dealer badge for the rest of a day if I help you set up and man your booth for a couple of hours?

I'd be interested in this type of deal also. If any dealers need help, I push a mean two wheeler! :grin:

Dave Hennen