• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1 scam?

21 posts in this topic

Excellent Buyer on high $$ Transaction! One of the best!!! A++ filter81 ( 216) Nov-27-06 22:28

Reply by gardenvale06 (Mar-21-07 07:39):

wqas ripped off, cannot sell this book for even $1800 less than what i got it fo

lol

Excellent Buyer on high $$ Transaction! One of the best!!! A++ filter81 ( 216) Nov-27-06 22:28

Reply by gardenvale06 (Mar-21-07 07:39):

wqas ripped off, cannot sell this book for even $1800 less than what i got it fo

lol

And he did leave Filter positive feedback when he received the book, so he was obviously happy with it at the time....what a dunce.... lol

he really has the book...lives in England, I think?...he has been trying to sell it on comic link too

Indeed.. Last time I checked, the highest bidder was $100 short in meeting his asking price on C-Link.. But he has to calculate the 10% seller's premium and shipping the book from England to C-Link.

Not a bad looking book if you ask me. At least it appears so from the small scan.

this was one of filter's copies...nice book

Price doesn't seem all that out of whack. Heck I paid a couple grand or so less for mine and it is a 5.5 with moderate resto.

Its not a scam but I don't have a whole lot positive to say about the seller. My dealings with him from start to finish have been very bizarre.

He tried to resell the book barely a day or so after he won it (using the same pictures I had used in the auction when I sold it leading people to think it was a scam) and he has slowly been killing the value of this book by listing it one bizarre way after another ever since. To the point where now I believe he will have some serious difficulties trying to sell the book.

The comment he left over a month later was a fun little surprise. (Considering he got an offer of more than that via Comiclink even prior to leaving the comment) I guess he feels he overpaid and that somehow its my fault even though I had never dealt with him prior to (or since) this sale. Like I somehow forced him to place his bid on eBay. (Not sure how someone can be ripped off when they are deciding what to bid. And yes, when he bought it the book was already CGC graded. All the restoration details were clearly laid out in the auction and the CGC serial # was provided)

I'm actually a Batman #1 short in my collection at the moment and would probably have bought the book back at the price its listed for if I didn't already have such a negative history with the seller. (Though I do wish him luck in selling the book.)

If someone has an interest in a Batman #1, I can say this is a nice looking copy (and was my personal copy for a while). But I would exercise caution when dealing with this particular seller.

Its not a scam but I don't have a whole lot positive to say about the seller. My dealings with him from start to finish have been very bizarre.

He tried to resell the book barely a day or so after he won it (using the same pictures I had used in the auction when I sold it leading people to think it was a scam) and he has slowly been killing the value of this book by listing it one bizarre way after another ever since. To the point where now I believe he will have some serious difficulties trying to sell the book.

The comment he left over a month later was a fun little surprise. (Considering he got an offer of more than that via Comiclink even prior to leaving the comment) I guess he feels he overpaid and that somehow its my fault even though I had never dealt with him prior to (or since) this sale. Like I somehow forced him to place his bid on eBay. (Not sure how someone can be ripped off when they are deciding what to bid. And yes, when he bought it the book was already CGC graded. All the restoration details were clearly laid out in the auction and the CGC serial # was provided)

That sounds about like I figured, Adam...I don't think anyone here would doubt that you did nothing wrong. This guy was obviously just trying to make a quick flip and got pissed when things didn't go his way. Maybe he got overexcited when he saw Overstreet values for an (unrestored) VF, or maybe he had a resell offer that fell through, who knows.