• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

List some NOT SO GREAT moments in modern comics.

55 posts in this topic

I am the @#$%^&* BATMAN! in ALL STAR Batman

Gwen and Norman Osborn trist. in JMS's Amazing Spider-man

CapPunisher costume. in Punisher War Journal

Ultimate Hulk/Wolverine. Will it ever be completed?

Spider-man's identity revealed to the world. in JMS's Amazing Spider-man

Death of Hawkeye. in Bendis Avengers.

Marvel restarting all of their core titles except UXM.

Marvel later pretending that never happened and changing the numbering on most titles to what it would have been without the restarts.

Rob Liefeld.

Leifield

McFarlane

Zero Hour

Parallax (as originally introduced)

Jim Lee

Final Crisis (ok it hasn't happened yet but you just know it's going to undo the original COIE, nullify the last 2 years of DC stories and generally reset everything that's happened in the last 25 years and that will suck. still gonna buy it though)

Wolverine/Batman/Superman being in every title everywhere every month.

Leifield

McFarlane

Zero Hour

Parallax (as originally introduced)

Jim Lee

Final Crisis (ok it hasn't happened yet but you just know it's going to undo the original COIE, nullify the last 2 years of DC stories and generally reset everything that's happened in the last 25 years and that will suck. still gonna buy it though)

Wolverine/Batman/Superman being in every title everywhere every month.

Leifield I can understand because of various anatomy issues in his art, but why McFarlane and Jim Lee? Loved McFarlane's stuff even though he could be an egomanic. Also love Jim Lee's art. Can't remember hearing anything negative about Jim Lee.

Lee - he seems to be unable to cover images without having everybody look like they're taking a dump or desperately holding one back.

McFarlane - Created some of the worst characters and stories (to my mind anyway) -> see Image. Best thing he ever did was get out of comics and into figs.

Lee - he seems to be unable to cover images without having everybody look like they're taking a dump or desperately holding one back.

McFarlane - Created some of the worst characters and stories (to my mind anyway) -> see Image. Best thing he ever did was get out of comics and into figs.

I see your point about McFarlane with regards to Image and the characters he created. I loved his art though.

With regards to Jim I can't say I ever noticed the taking the dump look. I do notice Liefield's characters always have a bunch of teeth and John Byrne's characters always have that shocked expression and every characters face looks alike.

Good topic!

Zero Hour. Yuck....what a convoluted mess

John Romita Jr.

Watchmen. I realize it's a classic, but I just don't see the appeal.

Heroes Reborn

The new Deathblow series.

Extremis powers for Tony Stark. Lost the everyman appeal to me.

Amalgam

Death of Captain America

While I loved Supreme Power anything that followed seemed to be

Azrael Batman

The Ultimates Line. Cool at first but has run its course.